Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 6 2009 7:45 AM

So I am wondering, is it possible to buy the Mac engine on it's own and then buy modules to plug into it? Or do you have to buy a base Mac package and extend from there? Basically I have a friend who only needs a couple of items and so even the most basic package is a bit over kill for him. Just curious if this can be done.

Along the same lines... is it possible for him to install Mac Logos from my install disc and then purchase what he wants to plug into that? I know the windows version can be downloaded free of charge and then extended... I know there's no Mac download yet, but could I do this?

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2009 8:06 AM

Chuck Lindsey:
So I am wondering, is it possible to buy the Mac engine on it's own and then buy modules to plug into it? Or do you have to buy a base Mac package and extend from there? Basically I have a friend who only needs a couple of items and so even the most basic package is a bit over kill for him. Just curious if this can be done.

I would suggest calling sales about this. As far as I can tell, you don't buy modules to add to the Mac engine, just resources.

Chuck Lindsey:
Along the same lines... is it possible for him to install Mac Logos from my install disc and then purchase what he wants to plug into that? I know the windows version can be downloaded free of charge and then extended... I know there's no Mac download yet, but could I do this?

There is a charge for the Mac engine as opposed to the Windows version which is free. I think it costs about $60 USD.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2009 12:00 PM

Mac Engine: http://www.logos.com/products/details/4503 That says it's the 1.1 version, they may not be shipping a cd of 1.2 yet, but you should be able to upgrade after purchasing. From there you just purchase the resources you want.

That said, packages are generally cheaper for getting many desired resources even if you don't need everything that comes in a package.

Chris

Posts 73
Chuck Lindsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2009 12:01 PM

Thank you that is very helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS