Mac Version Keeps Crashing at Open

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 12 2012 1:59 PM

I've already downloaded the latest update and Proclaim keeps crashing on my Mac.  I have both Windows and Mac versions.  Created a slideshow with Windows version, opened Proclaim on Mac and crash.  Can't keep it open.  Attached are my log files.  

Posts 370

File #2

Posts 370

File #3

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 2:28 PM

Rev. Joshua Edwards:
Created a slideshow with Windows version, opened Proclaim on Mac and crash.  Can't keep it open.  Attached are my log files.  

Sorry to hear that. I'm looking at your presentation data now and don't see an image slideshow. I assume you deleted it on Windows to stop the crashing on Mac? If so are you able to reproduce the crash? 

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:04 PM

No. Sorry for the confusion. I created a presentation then opened it on my Mac. It continues to crash. I never had an image slideshow in the program. Not sure what's going on. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:22 PM

I'm unable to reproduce this crash with your presentation on my Mac running 10.7.4

To help isolate the issue please try changing the backgrounds to a simple gradient background (non video) on your Windows machine and see if the crash still exists on Mac.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:27 PM

Bingo...

I first tried trashing the app and all related files, redownloaded the latest version and it opened fine.  However, I chose the show for tomorrow night and BOOM... crash.

Changing the background to a still image opened it just fine on my Mac.  Now, the question is, how do I keep this from happening?  Is it something with my Mac only?  Hopefully I won't run into this problem again.

Thanks!

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:31 PM

Ok, my Mac crashes anytime I choose a video background at all!  Ideas??

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:37 PM

Not only does it crash with video backgrounds, but it also crashes when playing videos that have been added to the presentation.

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 12 2012 3:48 PM

Ok, found the problem.

First, my Flip4Mac wasn't up to date, and I also had Perian installed which crashed my System Preferences when I tried to update.  I removed perian and updated Flip4Mac and, voila!  We are back in business! :-)

Looking forward to using Proclaim tomorrow night for the first time!

Thanks for your help.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS