Page 2 of 7 (127 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 126 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:06 AM

Tak to zní povzbudivě. Důležité je, že se na tom pracuje. Díky Bohu. Přeji hezký den.

Sounds promising. Looks they are working on at least one translation, the Czech Study Translation. Great.

Bohuslav

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 2:27 PM

Still waiting... Will we see the Czech Study Translation soon? And what about other translations?

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 3:03 PM

If you use Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Cesky-studijni-preklad-Bible/87615183952?ref=sgm

There isn't anything new there, except that it is being worked on.

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:09 AM

Thanks for the info. I do not go to Facebook too often.

Bohuslav

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 17 2010 4:11 PM

Good news, we are in contact with  Logos' Electronic Publishing Services, now working on getting the Czech Study Translation files in the correct format. It is interesting to be involved in this process as one can appreciate its complexities. With a text that contains translators' notes, cross references, grammatical indices, lexical indices, special marks for text not found in older manuscripts, paralels, marks for multi-word translation of a single-word original, marks for the definite article in greek etc. :-) it's a challenge to get it right. But we're getting there!

Halelujah! Už se těším.

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 18 2010 12:15 PM

Vaclav Janca:

Good news, we are in contact with  Logos' Electronic Publishing Services, now working on getting the Czech Study Translation files in the correct format. It is interesting to be involved in this process as one can appreciate its complexities. With a text that contains translators' notes, cross references, grammatical indices, lexical indices, special marks for text not found in older manuscripts, paralels, marks for multi-word translation of a single-word original, marks for the definite article in greek etc. :-) it's a challenge to get it right. But we're getting there!

Halelujah! Už se těším.

Václave, tak to je skvělá zpráva.Díky.

It's wonderful news Vaclav. Thank you for sharing. Do you know any time frame for the official release of the Czech Study Translation? Greetings to all guys who are working on that excellent project. I hope pastors will understand the benefit of using Logos over the freeware Bibles Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 5:05 AM

Václave zdravím. Je něco nového ve věci vydání ČSP v Logosu? Máš nějakou časovou představu?

Bohuslav

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 1:11 AM

Teď se dělají vysvětlivky - aby fungovaly indexy před slovem. Velká otázka bude, jak dobře se jim podaří správně navázat odkazy (ještě s nimi budeme mluvit o rozdílném číslování veršů, aby to nebylo jako v jejich současné Kralické, kde např. v Žalmech odkazy fungují podle anglických verzí, nikoli podle českých) apod. Takže mouchy, vychytávky, ale Logos se činí a NF ČSP taky.

Až budu vědět nějaký termín, tak mou trumpetku nikdo nezastaví :-)

Václav

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:20 AM

Díky Václave za tuto zprávu. Věřím, že to stojí za to, aby se to udělalo dobře. ČSP v Logosu bude bezkonkurenční. Velmi se těším na to. Je super, že s tím pomáháš. Ať Tě Pán požehná.

Bohuslav

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 2:42 AM

Hey you guys. It was fun reading your conversation together with the (imperfect) help of Google Translate. I accidentally had it set on translate into French for the first sentence, and it recognized Czech as the source language, so I found myself reading in French (which I read quite well): "Loué le Seigneur! Je ne peux pas attendre." Pretty good, it should have been "Louez le Seigneur," but otherwise correct. And then went on to translate the rest into English, with less success the longer your texts were. But I still got the gist of it. :-)  I hope the Czech Study Bible will be finished soon for your sake, and good that they are taking care to get it right!

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:01 AM

Rosie Perera:

Hey you guys. It was fun reading your conversation together with the (imperfect) help of Google Translate. I accidentally had it set on translate into French for the first sentence, and it recognized Czech as the source language, so I found myself reading in French (which I read quite well): "Loué le Seigneur! Je ne peux pas attendre." Pretty good, it should have been "Louez le Seigneur," but otherwise correct. And then went on to translate the rest into English, with less success the longer your texts were. But I still got the gist of it. :-)  I hope the Czech Study Bible will be finished soon for your sake, and good that they are taking care to get it right!

Good job Rosie. Yes  Sorry we communicated in Czech without giving any hint what we talk about. Actually Vaclav informed that they are working on some final things on the Czech Study Translation to make it really using full potential. It has myriads of notes and tags. Also they need to make sure the cross references always get you to the right place, since verse numbering sometimes is different in the Czech Bibles from the English most common ones.

I found myself using that translation more and more even in the Church for it's being very faithful to the original text and for all it's translation notes (similar effort as NET Bible in English). Looking forward to seeing it in Logos eventually. It will be great.

Bohuslav

Posts 18634
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:08 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I found myself using that translation more and more even in the Church for it's being very faithful to the original text and for all it's translation notes (similar effort as NET Bible in English). Looking forward to seeing it in Logos eventually.

At first I read too quickly and I thought you meant you look forward to seeing Google Translate's translation functionality in Logos eventually. Smile I would love to see that! Only better translation. I could select some brief quote of Greek or Latin or Hebrew or German text mentioned in a theological work (where there's no footnote telling me the translation), right-click on it, and select Translate, and it will show it to me in fairly decent English. Now that would be amazing! I'm hoping that since Google copied Logos's idea of "Search (while typing)" they'd be willing to avoid a lawsuit by licensing their technology for Google Translate back to Logos in return... Wink

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 9 2010 3:19 AM

Rosie Perera:

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I found myself using that translation more and more even in the Church for it's being very faithful to the original text and for all it's translation notes (similar effort as NET Bible in English). Looking forward to seeing it in Logos eventually.

At first I read too quickly and I thought you meant you look forward to seeing Google Translate's translation functionality in Logos eventually. Smile I would love to see that! Only better translation. I could select some brief quote of Greek or Latin or Hebrew or German text mentioned in a theological work (where there's no footnote telling me the translation), right-click on it, and select Translate, and it will show it to me in fairly decent English. Now that would be amazing! I'm hoping that since Google copied Logos's idea of "Search (while typing)" they'd be willing to avoid a lawsuit by licensing their technology for Google Translate back to Logos in return... Wink

Interesting idea. Actually I have been really surpriced how good the Google translation works. You just "discovered" it for me. Thanks.

P.S. Of course, I was speaking about the Czech Study Translation Bible which is very unique endeavor.

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 9:17 AM

Trying to wait patiently ... hoping to see the Czech Study Translation soon!  Smile

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 11:18 AM

Just to tease you even more, here is a quote from a recent email from the technical team at Logos: "We're nearly finished..."

Stick out tongue Václav

Ok, I'll tell you more. The text contained some fragments of tags which were in the draft versions of the translation and somehow got overlooked, so they are even in the printed version. The Logos folks caught those bugs, inquired about them and deleted them. I also asked about the verse numbering schemes and the good news is that the translation follows the versification of the BHS/NA27, which Logos uses - so there should not be a problem there.

The cross references in the footnotes are sometimes not machine readable - that happens to other works too, I occasionally notice that a commentary might say something like "Jesus quotes from Is x:xx and in verse y He says...." The machine would see this as verse y in Isaiah, not in the Gospel. This can be spotted only by a human corrector. So expect things like this once in a while.

The Logos team is paying great attention to detail, I'm very glad they are. Maybe in the future, we can tackle the not so well done Kralicka version.

Btw., the work on the translation is not finished - there are plans to add Strong's codes in the future! Yeehaa. I plan on a personal visit with the lead translator and check out his proprietary software that the team uses. It's great to be able to hang out with such figures of the Czech Christian world.

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 12:07 PM

That's GREAT news!  Thanks for the update.

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 12:31 PM

Vaclav, it's great to hear about all that progress. Yes, I believe Logos version of ČSP will be the best one on the market. You are right also about the Bible Kralická. We should see all the Czech translations in Logos eventually.

As for the Strong's numbers, IMHO the Reverse Interlinear would be better option. I am not able to say how it would be done but Reverse Interlinear Logos is using for many English translations would be so much better and fully integrating ČSP with all the tools we have in Logos. Having ČSP with the Reverse Interlinear underlaying text would be just unprecedented and it would put Logos ČSP into totally new league.

Just dreaming... Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 14 2010 2:20 PM

Reverse Interlinear with the Czech Study Translation (ČSP) would be incredible.

Posts 134
Steven Baxley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 30 2010 11:06 AM

Anything new on the status of this resource?  I know I'm impatient Smile, but I'd like to have it not only for my purposes, but for my Czech wife as well.  I also have a brother in Christ in the Czech Republic who would love to be able to add it to his Logos library.

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2010 12:39 AM

Steven Baxley:

Anything new on the status of this resource?  I know I'm impatient Smile, but I'd like to have it not only for my purposes, but for my Czech wife as well.  I also have a brother in Christ in the Czech Republic who would love to be able to add it to his Logos library.

I am sorry Steven I am not able to say anything new in the matter. May be Vaclav would know more. Last time I spoke with the publisher he was not sure of the time needed by Logos to finish the product. I would also be very happy to know, since there are many pastors asking me about that and considering getting Logos after we have that Bible (and other Czech translations) in Logos. Will it be before Christmas Logos?

Bohuslav

Page 2 of 7 (127 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS