Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:01 PM

I downloaded the John Piper Manuscript collection. But once installed I cannot get the homepage to load. I actually have the file in my addin directory but no matter what I try it will not show up. Any ideas? Thanks

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 12:58 PM

john nerdue:

I downloaded the John Piper Manuscript collection. But once installed I cannot get the homepage to load. I actually have the file in my addin directory but no matter what I try it will not show up. Any ideas? Thanks

We need a little clarification to give an informed answer. Are you referring to the Logos version of The John Piper Sermon Manuscript Library (1980–2009) ? Or are you referring to the collection created by Desiring God ministries?  The later is not a resource that loads into Logos and you will have to ask for  more knowledgeable help from Desiring God's support people.

When you say the Homepage will not load, are you saying Logos 4 crashes now that you have downloaded the John Piper resource?

Hopefully you will get a quick fix and correct answers. Just let us know which John Piper resource we are dealing with. Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1206
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 15 2012 2:46 PM

If this was an L3 resource with it's own home page, it won't work the same in L4.  

You can still find the instructions for L3 home pages (for those kinds of resource collections); open your library, click on the "Type" column heading to sort by that, and then open the "Manual" type.  The contents usually contain screen shots of what the old interface looked like.  For the media stuff, you've now got to do that manually outside of the L4 program.

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 17 2012 12:57 PM

I am using the collection from Logos. I downloaded the files and they work fin but there is no homepage. I am using Libronix / Logos 3. I have other homepages but the John Piper collection doesn't show a homepage even though in the addin directory I do have the actual file.

Thanks for the replies

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 18 2012 5:51 AM

I did find a round about way to do what I was looking to the missing Homepage to do.

1. Make a shortcut toolbar icon that points to the Desiring God sermon page sorting by topic

2. find the topic I am looking for from the website

3. then notice the date

4. now use Libronix/Logos

It seems to be a lot of work and in the end I am wondering why I need the Logos version. There is no real advantage is there?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS