Is this possible?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Clayton McGalla | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:34 AM

Hello brothers and sisters!  I am teaching through the book of Deuteronomy and what I want to do is every time that the New Testament and the Gospels quote Deuteronomy I want to let my class know.  For example Matthew 5:21 quotes Deuteronomy 5:17 and Romans 10:19 quotes Deuteronomy 32:21.  Is there a way in Logos that I can catalog all of the instances where the New Testament quotes Deuteronomy?

Maybe another way of asking is: can I search and categorize footnotes from the bible?

Thanks
Zeek 

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:41 AM

Clayton, do you have these resources in your library?

Old Testament Quotations and Allusions in the New Testament
Old Testament Quotes in the New Testament

Both of those Bible harmonies should help you achieve what you're looking for.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:47 AM

You can also see these in the Passage Guide:

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:52 AM

Excellent resource here:

Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament

Highly recommendedYes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 24
Clayton McGalla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 11 2012 6:55 AM

Yep I do!  Thanks for the help.  Those resources are great!!!!!!

Posts 359
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 3:39 AM

Clayton,

L4 has 2 resources both called "OT quotes in NT" , one by H. David Philips based on the HCSB, and another by David Jones based on several UBS indices. Unfortunately both follow the NT order, which ius perhaps not what you want.

In print, I have found "Old testament Quotations" by Archer and Chirichigno excellent, bercasue trhe discussion is done via Hebrew and Greek qith English commentary. Worth a look .... and worth having in L4.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 24
Clayton McGalla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 4:01 AM

Thanks for the reply!

Posts 6664
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 15 2012 5:44 AM

You may also want to run this search. logos4:Search;kind=Basic;q=Deuteronomy_1:1_-_34:12;match=stem I told Logos to look for cross references and footnotes in choose your Bible version for any passage in the book of Deuteronmy. My results were:4460 results in 872 articles.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 17 2012 11:53 AM

Stephen Miller:
In print, I have found "Old testament Quotations" by Archer and Chirichigno excellent, bercasue trhe discussion is done via Hebrew and Greek qith English commentary. Worth a look .... and worth having in L4.

If you think so, go and support it at Book Suggestion: Old Testament Quotations in the New Testament: A Complete Survey.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS