'Add a Note to 'New Notes'' - doesn't show up.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Howard | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 12 2012 5:57 PM

Gday,

I am trying to add new notes. When I right click on a verse or word, whether I choose Selection or Reference makes no difference. There is no option anywhere to choose“Add a note to New Notes". There is no option for any form of new note, the only options I have are to add a community note, add a note to 'Prayer Points' or add a clipping to 'untitled clippings".

According to the Logos Help “Add a note to New Notes” should show up unless

•      Note: “Add a note to New Notes” will only be available when there are no existing Notes documents.

So I cut an existing note out and deleted it, still no “Add a note to New Notes”. Obviously I need to be able to add new notes. 

I keep thinking I am missing the obvious, but cant find it and cant afford to spend any more time trying to figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Blessings.

Posts 30202
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 6:43 PM

It would be helpful to see a screen shot as I can't reproduce the problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24
Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 7:08 PM

Posts 30202
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 12 2012 11:13 PM

You need to have the note file you want to add your note to open. In your case the lower right hand corner gives you the option to add your note to the Note file Prayer Points. When you identify the file by clicking on the name, the note is automatically added.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24
Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 12:01 AM

OK. So basically to be able to add any note, there has to be a catagory for it to fit into? In other words, if during my devotions, I like to add notes of something Ive learnt or to be of interest for the next time I come through a particular passage (Similar to what I currently do in my physical bible), I cant just put in a new note. So I would have to have effectively create a note file called say 'general notes', and then I can add these notes each time? Will these notes show across different bible versions etc?

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 3:12 AM

Howard Newby:

OK. So basically to be able to add any note, there has to be a catagory for it to fit into? In other words, if during my devotions, I like to add notes of something Ive learnt or to be of interest for the next time I come through a particular passage (Similar to what I currently do in my physical bible), I cant just put in a new note. So I would have to have effectively create a note file called say 'general notes', and then I can add these notes each time? Will these notes show across different bible versions etc?

The nomenclature in L4 is very confusing.  Because of this, I am going to use L3 nomenclature.  In L3 we had "notes."  (Think this as level one of notes.)  These notes were sub-divided into "Note Files" (actual individual files on the hard drive).  Think this as level two of notes.  The actual note was stored in the "Note Files,"  and you can think of the actual note as level three.

A little about L4.  Because L4 no longer uses actual individual files on the hard drive (it uses a database), they have removed the term "note files."  In its place, it simply uses "notes" to refer to level 1, level 2, and more than one note in level 3.  Because of this, we do not know what Logos is talking about when it uses the word "notes."

FYI... you can use think "category" as level 2/note files.

Correct, you cannot add a note to a new note file/category.  You must have that note file open.  Go to the file menu item, and in that list will be a list of your note files.  Once it is open, you will be able to see it when you right click on the text.

I hope this helps.

If you add the note by clicking on reference, the note icon will be displayed across bible versions and your commentaries.

Posts 24
Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 7:47 PM

Thankyou Tom and MJ, greatly appreciate your help.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS