Best Way to Compare 2 verses?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Clayton McGalla | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 13 2012 7:35 AM

Hello again!  I want to compare 2 verses, Leviticus 15:16 and Deuteronomy 23:10 to see the different Hebrew words used.  Is there a way that I can bring these 2 verses next to each other?  I have often wanted to compare a range of verses but I can't figure how in Logos!  I have been pasting my references into to biblegateway.com and that is just stupid sine I have logos!

Thanks
Zeek 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:04 AM

Generally you'd have to do it manually by opening two copies of your Bible next to each other. The exception would be if you have a Harmony that's already done it for you. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 24
Clayton McGalla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:16 AM

I just tried this with a passage list and I can see the two verses . .  . but can't hover over the words in question and get the Hebrew.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:46 AM

Zeek,

Here are a couple of other ways that may help you.

==============================================

Use the Reverse Interlinear
(you may want to review the wiki page on this)

A. You can use the Display drop down to turn On/Off the Reverse Interlinear for your Bible (note not all English translations have a Reverse Interlinear, if they do you will see the Display button)

===============================================================

Or you can use Sympathetic Highlighting with an English and a Hebrew version to see the words
(You may want to view the wiki page Sympathetic Highlighting for more info)

B. When you turn ON Sympathetic Highlighting in 2 books which are showing the same scripture, then you highlight words in one version (i.e. the blue highlighting), then Logos will highlight the same words in the other version in Gray.

C. With Sympathetic Highlighting, Logos4 will only show it for the active book. So if you have 4 books open as shown above, you will need to click on the other book (i.e. the lower ESV) to have Logos4 show the gray highlighting for the other (not shown as highlighting because i had the upper ESV selected).

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:51 AM

Clayton McGalla:

I just tried this with a passage list and I can see the two verses . .  . but can't hover over the words in question and get the Hebrew.

That's actually much smarter than my suggestion. You can change the PL into any Bible you want, or you can show two beside each other:

(You may need to widen the panel to get a display like this.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 24
Clayton McGalla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:53 AM

WOW!  Thanks I will review those wikis!

Posts 24
Clayton McGalla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 9:09 AM

Well look at that, what an awesome tip!  Thanks so much I had no idea you could open like that!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 13 2012 10:00 AM

I also just found the post with Bob's latest update on the progress of user created harmonies:

The ability to create harmonies via Personal Books should come this year.

Take that with a bucket of salt, but perhaps before next summer...

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS