Platinum Resources for Logos (old version) Mac

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Dustin Combs | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2009 4:20 PM

Hey all, 

I upgraded from Gold (old Mac version of Logos) to Logos 4 Platinum.  Is there any easy way I can get these new resources into my old version while version 4 is being worked on for Mac?

Thanks,

Dustin

Posts 71
Colin Thornby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 4:33 PM

If you synchronise your licenses in Logos for Mac (1.x), and then put the DVD in you'll get some of the resources (I got nearly 1GB of extra resources with a similar upgrade). Some of them are still being prepared, and a mechanism for getting those in isn't available yet, to my knowledge.

Posts 46
Rick Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 5:54 PM

Colin

What if I dont have the DVD but just purchased the Download upgrade. Is there still a way to get the new resources onto the old version?

Wiki Logos 4 Mac Yes L4 Mac START HERE! 

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:13 PM

Synch licenses and dowload the Logos 3 versions of the files with the same name individually from the ftp site - many of these files are linked from the respective resource page at Logos.com - Example:

http://www.logos.com/products/details/3050 Horae Homileticae, click the "Download Book Files" icon, ditto many other sets/collections

other file names are reasonably obvious from the listing on the FTP site (EG: the above are a series all starting with HH)

Posts 103
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 8:12 PM

I've just been downloading them one by one.  Tedious, but it works.  :)

the ancient art of shalom: thots on sustainable spirituality in san francisco - http://me.jasonkuo.com/thots

Posts 71
Colin Thornby | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2009 8:52 PM

EricMiller:

Colin

What if I dont have the DVD but just purchased the Download upgrade. Is there still a way to get the new resources onto the old version?

Hi Eric

Give it a try even if you have an old DVD (purchased at some time in the past - I realise you upgraded this time using the download version) - you might find there are resources on it that are now unlocked. I did. If you didn't ever have a DVD you will have to download them, I guess.

C

Posts 46
Rick Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:43 AM

Hi Eric

Give it a try even if you have an old DVD (purchased at some time in the past - I realise you upgraded this time using the download version) - you might find there are resources on it that are now unlocked. I did. If you didn't ever have a DVD you will have to download them, I guess.

C

Thanks Colin I will give a try. also I can download the individual books as suggested before

Wiki Logos 4 Mac Yes L4 Mac START HERE! 

Posts 555
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 19 2009 9:54 AM

Most of them were already available in L3 format, but Logos is still working on this, as there are a number of resources in Platinum that have never been made in the L3 format. Bradley promised we would have them soon, but it seems they ran into a glitch somewhere.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS