Notes Performance

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3159
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:45 AM

Perhaps L4 just needs its own built in document module?

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 3159
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:47 AM

Paul Golder:

Over the years I found these truisms to either be implied by Logos or expressly stated:

1. Logos 4 is not intended to be a complete research tool, only a library / reference tool.
  2. Notes are there only to jot quick thoughts like in the margins of your Bible.
  3. Logos 4 is designed with the thought in mind that everyone has Microsoft Word, uses Word for everything, and only wants to use Word for everything.

I believe you are right.  How can I effectively integrate Word with Logos?  Ideas?

How to upload logs

Posts 192
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:54 AM

Paul Golder:

1. Logos 4 is designed with the thought in mind that everyone has Microsoft Word, uses Word for everything, and only wants to use Word for everything.

Personal opinion, but Word is an antiquated tool.  Great for writing long documents, great for making pretty letters and fancy formatting for my sermon notes.  Terrible for cataloging information in any way.  It's a flat file structure in a relational database world.  If I were ever to consider something different to take notes in it would be something like Evernote where I can at least tag and catalog notes.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:00 AM

John Eggen:
Evernote where I can at least tag and catalog notes

LaRosa Johnson had a thread a few years ago with a link to his video on using L4 with Onenote. Gives a good overview on using a word processor with L4:

Logos 4 & OneNote

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:17 AM

Notes are pretty slow these days, even in a small note file. i've made a short video showing how slow it is:

Click this link to watch the video: SlowNoteVideo

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3159
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 10:02 AM

Paul Golder:

John Eggen:
Evernote where I can at least tag and catalog notes

LaRosa Johnson had a thread a few years ago with a link to his video on using L4 with Onenote. Gives a good overview on using a word processor with L4:

Logos 4 & OneNote

It's a shame that solid features like this are not in L4, well I guess one could argue that they are...

Is there a link on how to make links in notes to documents and files somewhere else on the pc?  Is it even possible with a program out there to not only link to the file, but to a spot in the file?

How to upload logs

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:07 PM

David Taylor Jr:
Is there a link on how to make links in notes to documents and files somewhere else on the pc? 

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 4:13 PM

David Taylor Jr:
Is it even possible with a program out there to not only link to the file, but to a spot in the file?

You can with Adobe Reader:

Open a PDF file to a specific page

Open a PDF file to a set destination

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:57 PM

Paul,

There is a newer version of the Notes wiki page Notes (ver 4.5 & up)

For the similar link topic that you showed, see Creating hyperlinks to documents in your computer

Under that topic is a link to help those who don't know how to generate a full path & filename ( Creating a Full Path & Filename )

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:00 PM

steve clark:

Notes are pretty slow these days, even in a small note file. i've made a short video showing how slow it is:

Click this link to watch the video: SlowNoteVideo

Guess no one had any comments...Zip it!

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 4:55 AM

steve clark:

Paul,

There is a newer version of the Notes wiki page

Thanks Steve Yes

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS