Bible reading plan....

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Jeff Baker | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 22 2012 1:47 PM

Hello,

When at my home page and clicking on my Bible reading plan the passage guide & explorer opens up with it.

How do I just get my Bible to open up?

Thanks

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:22 PM

Hi Jeff - and welcome to the forums.

I seem to remember that this happens if the resources window (the windows that are not the Home Page) is blank when you click on the Reading Plan.

If you have at least one resource open, then clicking on the Reading Plan just opens the resource you want.

I'm away from my computer at the moment so can't verify but I believe this is what was found.

It was flagged but I don't think it has been addressed yet.

Graham

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 12:46 AM

Hi Jeff

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/44738.aspx provides more context on what was seen earlier.

Does this match what you are seeing?

Graham

Posts 2
Jeff Baker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 5:39 AM

Graham,

Yes, that was issue. thanks Jeff

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 6:20 AM

Jeff Baker:
Yes, that was issue

Ok, good to know.

Hopefully Logos will fix this at some stage.

Jeff Baker:
thanks Jeff

You are welcome.

Graham

Posts 3171
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 5:09 PM

The behavior where one clicks either the Preferred bible, or Reading plan bible and the Passage Guide, Explorer panel and bible is by design. I'm thinking that those panels not opening when there are books already open is not by design. I'm checking on the latter. 

If it is an undesirable behavior, please add it to our UserVoice page.

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:13 PM

Hi Tommy

This sounds like a very strange design decision - assuming I understand you correctly.

If I want to arry out a reading plan, I don't want to have a PG open up as well

What is the idea behind this?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 3171
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2012 8:28 AM

Graham Criddle:
What is the idea behind this?

I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the behavior. I'll look into it, and either I or someone else will follow up.

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 24 2012 8:54 AM

Tommy Ball:
I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the behavior. I'll look into it, and either I or someone else will follow up.

Thanks Tommy

Appreciated, Graham

Posts 3171
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 11 2012 3:24 PM

Confirmed--the behavior is by design. The idea is that we don't want to close panels that may be beened or have been left opened. There isn't much difficulty in closing panels  before opening the home page. If many panels are openg and we close them, then it is more difficult to get back to your previous "layout" (for lack of a better word). Customer Feedback for Logos Bible Software

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 12 2012 1:11 AM

Hi Tommy

Thanks for responding - I was just thinking about this yesterday!

But I will admit that I am now even more confused. I think you are saying that the reason behind this decision is that you don't want Logos to close windows which I might want to keep open - I am fine with this.

But the issue here is that Logos is opening new windows for me which I don't want.

Tommy Ball:
There isn't much difficulty in closing panels  before opening the home page

I agree. But if I do close all of my panels, go to the home page and click on a reading plan then - as well as the resource being opened according to the plan - I get a PG and Explorer window as well.

Am I missing the point here?

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 3171
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 3:46 PM

Hi Graham,

I think we're talking about two different things here. Your complaint seems to be more about what panels are opened along with the resource when the Reading Plan bible, or preferred bible is chosen from the ribbon when nothing is already open. My last post was speaking more to the behavior when there were extant resources/guides/etc. 

I will put in a "suggestion" regarding having only the bible open or option for the bible itself to open when chosen from the ribbon, but I think that is the best I can do. You might get more traction by adding it to user voice. When I get any updates of consequence regarding the case I can update this thread, so keep an eye on it.

Posts 22745
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:09 PM

Hi Tommy

Thanks for the response and for putting in the suggestion.

I agree we are talking about different things here - I am still not sure I understand the scenario you are referring to!

Thanks, Graham

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS