Audio Sermons in Your Passage Guide

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 20 2009 11:31 AM

Today's blog ,  "Audio Sermons in Your Passage Guide"  posted November 20, 2009 by Phil Gons at  http://blog.logos.com/  is a nice development. 

Is there any way in the future of hitting direct websites of specific ministries? I like listening to Paul Sheppard, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias and others. It would be awesome if it were posssible to have a customizable hitlist of favorite sites.

Even if that is never attained I think this is a great development. Thanks for the blog Phil.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1811
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 11:42 AM

Thanks for the ideas, Matthew. We're always trying to find new ways to bring the best content from the web into Logos to help you do better Bible study and sermon preparation. We go after the biggest and most popular ones so the feature will benefit the largest group possible. We'll add the three you mentioned to the list to consider.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 11:51 AM

I imagine it is dependent on database compatibility and if they don't mind being linked.  SermonAudio.com has been a favorite resource of mine for years but some ministers, for whatever reason, don't post there. If the "hitlist" could narrow results to an individual site (like Piper for example) that would be nice. Then I could limit my search to my favorite preachers or widen the search scope and discover new or obsure preachers. There are a lot of great preachers with few sermons posted.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 12:01 PM

My pastor-teacher Dr. Robert L. Dean posts all of his bible teachings to http://deanbible.org/andromeda.php?q=f&f=%2FAudio+Files  it would be amazing to think that they could be accessible via Logos 4.  What exactly goes into having such a thing happen?

This would be awesome because he teaches verse by verse through entire books and would integrate well into the Audio Sermon tool.

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 26278
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 4:28 PM

Phil Gons:
We're always trying to find new ways to bring the best content from the web into Logos to help you do better Bible study and sermon preparation. We go after the biggest and most popular ones so the feature will benefit the largest group possible.

Please don't forget The Text This Week - no audio but lots of commentary, sermon and art links.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 20 2009 11:35 PM

Phil Gons:
We go after the biggest and most popular ones so the feature will benefit the largest group possible.

The Gospel Coalition aggregates links to sermons from many great preachers, it would be great if you could incorporate their database somehow...

Posts 9
Emilio Ramos | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 11:50 PM

I really think that this is the next step for sermon audio, so far there has not really been any preachers that I recognize and thus, I have not been motivated to use this incredible resource.  I would be nice to pick which speakers logos can pick from etc.

Posts 1
chris ekins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 18 2013 4:39 PM

Yes I think a feed from Gospel Coalition audio would be sweet addition!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS