Bug RC1: Word from Vocab List is indented when imported

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 23600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:25 AM

Imported the following Vocabulary List (from Section 5 of http://www.logos.com/training/vocabularylists).

0181.Vine's You Can Learn New Testament Greek.zip

πα̂ς from Lesson 9 is indented (leading spaces) so it does not sort properly in the Lemma column.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9204
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 4:12 AM

Dave,

congrats first to 11,000 posts! Cake

You gave an explanation for a bug, but no screenshot. In light of my current bug report: did all of your vocabulary lists import from L3? And for this/those who did: did you get all glosses from L3 or only one per lemma?

Note that I found that the leading space was in L3 (garbage in, garbage out, you know) and removing it there brought the word over to L4 without a leading space and thus sorting correct.

EDIT: However, this word from this list may betray another bug: Look at the circumflex accent in your post

Dave Hooton:
 πα̂ς

or below! 

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 23600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 4:30 PM

NB.Mick:

Note that I found that the leading space was in L3 (garbage in, garbage out, you know) and removing it there brought the word over to L4 without a leading space and thus sorting correct.

EDIT: However, this word from this list may betray another bug: Look at the circumflex accent in your post

There is no leading space in L3. The circumflex accent appears to be the cause as I count 4 characters (instead of 3) in the L3 List.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:17 PM

NB.Mick:
In light of my current bug report: did all of your vocabulary lists import from L3? And for this/those who did: did you get all glosses from L3 or only one per lemma?

All three got imported and it seems only one word of the gloss was chosen.

However, the ones I constructed came across with NO lemmas as each Greek word was put under Display. I checked one list and ALL the words are lemmas. I'm not sure what the criteria is but Vine's was the only one that got imported with words under Lemma.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 23600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:19 PM

NB.Mick:

Dave,

congrats first to 11,000 posts! Cake

Not quite. Rosie achieved that a couple of months ago.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9204
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 6:05 AM

Dave Hooton:

NB.Mick:

There is no leading space in L3. The circumflex accent appears to be the cause as I count 4 characters (instead of 3) in the L3 List.

The leading space may not be visible in L3's table view, but it is in its detail entry view (where the lemma ["word"] is visible as well) and in the downloadable file as well.

Open http://www.logos.com/media/VocabLists/Vine%27s%20You%20Can%20Learn%20New%20Testament%20Greek.lbxvl , which is an XML textfile, e.g. in your browser or your favorite spreadsheet and search e.g. for "every". You might as well search for "> " and will find leading spaces in two glosses and in the lemma and display of pas - including the strange circumflex.

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 23600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:40 AM

NB.Mick:
The leading space may not be visible in L3's table view, but it is in its detail entry view (where the lemma ["word"] is visible as well) and in the downloadable file as well.

Hmmm. I think we'll be fixing a lot of these ourselves.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:17 PM

Dave Hooton:
 πα̂ς from Lesson 9 is indented (leading spaces) so it does not sort properly in the Lemma column.

I will report this issue to Development. 

(The general issue of leading spaces causing sorting issues, I mean.)

Posts 23600
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:25 PM

Tonya J Ross:

I will report this issue to Development. 

(The general issue of leading spaces causing sorting issues, I mean.)

Thanks Tonya - really appreciated.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:08 PM

The issue of leading spaces causing sorting issues should be fixed in 4.6a Beta 1.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS