how to: copying highlighted bible text

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Ben Carr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:12 AM

How do I copy a selection of bible text that I have highlighted (i.e., and keep the highlights when I paste into a word document)?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 21 2012 6:21 AM

Richard Carr:

How do I copy a selection of bible text that I have highlighted (i.e., and keep the highlights when I paste into a word document)?

The Copy Bible Verse Tool is the most versatile way to copy Bible text: http://wiki.logos.com/Copy_Bible_Verses

But I don't believe there is a way to copy Bible text with highlighting. This is because highlighting in Word uses a different format, and has different options than Logos4. However you could take a screenshot and put an image file of highlighted text into Word.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8
Keith Ralston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:30 AM

This would be a killer feature for teaching and analyzing the text. I have it highlighted exactly how I need it to perform analysis. Then I export the text and have to remark a printed copy for analysis.

If it cannot be exported to Word, it could easily be exported to HTML (which by the way goes quite nicely into Word). When I have to create Word docs from my software, I use the newer XHTML (read HTML) APIs in Word.

I really think this is something you could pull off will not too much effort. It would be very beneficial for academic purposes.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:34 AM

Try hitting Command + P one of the exporting option from the Bible might work.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS