Dead Sea Scrolls Shipped! Woo Hoo!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:33 PM

I am so excited to have the DSS links working in my resources now!  Thank you Logos for this affordable DSS (sectarian) volume!  The biblical scrolls ship tomorrow.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 11190
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 7:51 PM

Pacing the floor, pacing the floor (well, not really ... carpet). Hope the DSS Bible ships tomorrow.

I was looking the 'Meaning' over, and it had an appendix of translations and editions. Under english translations of the  Biblical scrolls, there was ONE entry. I suppose that was pretty obvious when I first read it in one of Logos' forum threads. Kind of interesting how it avoided shipping for so long.

Also looking at the Abegg volume, it's arranged by named document; not DSS cave/number. Then it discusses each along with the fragments involved. So with the DSS Study Edition (arranged by cave/number) and the Abegg volume (arranged by document), it's a nice combination (with Abegg being more recent of course).

But if you're not signed up for the DSS Bible (english translation of the DSS Biblical fragments), one day left to save some dinero. In addition to its study value, it's also a great apologetic tool for teaching purposes.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1667
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 2 2012 10:15 PM

Joseph Turner:
I am so excited to have the DSS links working in my resources now!  Thank you Logos for this affordable DSS (sectarian) volume!  The biblical scrolls ship tomorrow.

Agreed. Good intro section.

Posts 1943
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:04 AM

Joseph Turner:

Can you post a link to these resources on the Logos web site? For some reason I thought I'd ordered them, but I don't see them now.

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 1667
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 6:22 AM

Donnie Hale:
Can you post a link to these resources on the Logos web site? For some reason I thought I'd ordered them, but I don't see them now.

This is the non-Biblical texts, released today:
https://www.logos.com/product/8868/the-dead-sea-scrolls-a-new-translation

This is the biblical texts, expected tomorrow:
https://www.logos.com/product/8933/dead-sea-scrolls-bible

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 7:12 AM

Allen Browne:

Donnie Hale:

This is the non-Biblical texts, released today:
https://www.logos.com/product/8868/the-dead-sea-scrolls-a-new-translation

This is the biblical texts, expected tomorrow:
https://www.logos.com/product/8933/dead-sea-scrolls-bible

Just to clarify, the non-biblical texts were released yesterday (10/2), and the biblical texts should be released today (10/3).  You can still get the discount on the one releasing today (the second one in the links given by Allen).

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1667
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 8:20 AM

Joseph Turner:
Just to clarify, the non-biblical texts were released yesterday (10/2), and the biblical texts should be released today (10/3).

Thanks, Joseph.

I'm in Australia, where it's already tomorrow yesterday. :-)

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 9:00 AM

Allen Browne:

Joseph Turner:
Just to clarify, the non-biblical texts were released yesterday (10/2), and the biblical texts should be released today (10/3).

Thanks, Joseph.

I'm in Australia, where it's already tomorrow yesterday. :-)

LOL, I figured it was something like that.

Posts 11190
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:10 AM

Goodness, the Abegg DSS sectarian translation is far more than just an english translation. I'd be happy even without the translation.

As noted above, it's grouped by document; not cave#/fragment#. And each then has a sizable introduction.

For example, under 'The War of the Messiah' (#63 in the volume, 4Q285/11Q14), it discusses the early suggestion by Robert Eisenman of a proposed translation 'they (the enemy) will put the Leader of the congregation to death' and how the translation was resolved using other passages. Then it goes on to discuss the connectivity to the missing end of the War Scroll.

So, if you missed the pre-pub price, it's still a gem to add to your library. In other of your commentaries when they mention a DSS writing with no reference, it's a simple matter to go to this volume, get a good introduction, plus all the related fragments. Easy reading but includes the details.

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:53 AM

DMB:

So, if you missed the pre-pub price, it's still a gem to add to your library. In other of your commentaries when they mention a DSS writing with no reference, it's a simple matter to go to this volume, get a good introduction, plus all the related fragments. Easy reading but includes the details.

Yes

Posts 11190
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 12:32 PM

DSS Bible downloading. Yey!!

Posts 9276
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 3 2012 3:00 PM

It's here and it was worth the wait. I suppose it isn't for everyone, but those interested in the text of the OT will want to have this Bible. Well footnoted, with good introductions. Formatted to make variations from the MT (and other versions) easy to see. Some of this was hidden or not available in the preview on Logos' website.

Someone needs to write a review for the Logos website.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:42 AM
Can anyone provide the support info for "The meaning of Dead Sea Scrolls"? Thanks, Martin.
Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 4 2012 8:00 AM
Nevermind, I found it!
Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS