In Logos4, linking Text Comparison tool to Bibles can cause entire Bible books to (very slowly) load for comparison

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 43
Douglas | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 22 2009 10:39 PM

In Logos4, linking the Text Comparison tool to Bibles can cause entire Bible books to (very slowly) load for comparison. More specifically, if a linked Bible's text comes to the beginning of a Bible book (or chapter), instead of the linked Text Comparison tool just displaying the first verse of the book (i.e. John 1:1), it tries to compare all the verses across the entire Bible book (or chapter) !  This can take alot of system-resources to do, slowing down, maybe even crashing the app, for larger books.

My suggestion is the provide an option so that only a verse (or perhaps also a chapter) will be compared in the Text Comparison tool by default.

I also noticed that I couldn't de-select a 'link' in the Text Comparison tool (i.e. None)... it seemed to require either a specific letter link or the Follow link. So in order to stop the above problem, I had to select an unused letter link.

Please update Logos4 to fix these issues.

Posts 5
Todd Boone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:09 PM

Here's what I'm noticing, and a recommendation to solve the frustration:

It seems that any resource that is in a particular grouping (i.e., A, B, C, etc.) can cause any other resource in that group to automatically move when the one resource is scrolled to a different section. In other words, there is no way to slave the entire group to only one resource. Any resource in any one group can change the location of any other resource in that group.

If this a correct reading of how this feature works ...

It seems to me there should be at least three options for linking resources:
- 1. create a group and allow all to change each other
- 2. create a group and slave all to follow a master resource (the follow option should be focused: Follow A, Follow B, etc., not just "follow" in the event there is more than one grouping in a given layout).
- 3. set a resource to "Follow A" and then set it as link set B, and link other resources to "Follow B". This allows the Follow A resource to scroll without changing the A set of links, but causes the B set of links to follow it as it scrolls to new sections.

Posts 43
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2010 12:14 PM

Has this issue been resolved yet in Logos 4?

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2010 12:27 PM

As for speed, my computer is one of the slower ones and i don't see that much speed deprivation when doing verse-by-verse in Text Comparison.

As for setting Text Comparison link to None, that seems to be available.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2010 9:20 PM

DouglasMarkevich:

Has this issue been resolved yet in Logos 4?

The problem when scrolling  to the next book is not fixed in 4.0d beta, but it has been recognised by Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 43
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 31 2010 9:36 PM

Oddly, the "None" option didn't work for me.  I had to set the "Text Comparison tool" to an unused letter ("F") to stop the verse following.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS