What is the deal with the spam?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:19 AM

Josh Hunt:

seems you could get some volunteers administrative privileges to delete spam as soon as it shows up. 

I like the idea Josh. Logos, put my name on the list. Should we add Giovanni to the top of the list? Big Smile

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6484
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:27 AM

If the wrong post is accidentally deleted, Logos can always reinstate it. 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:59 AM

Josh Hunt:
seems you could get some volunteers administrative privileges to delete spam as soon as it shows up. 

I had thought the same thing. I second your motion. 

Posts 20
GMCI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:40 AM

Josh Hunt:

Made the suggestions to a Logos employee.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:48 AM

GMCI:
Made the suggestions to a Logos employee.

I wonder if Logos has employees who read the user forums in order to keep up with the thoughts of users.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 1:17 PM

Hi Kevin,

In answer to your question regarding whether or not Logos employees read the forums I can tell you that yes we do indeed read the forums. There are a couple of CS/Tech support reps who go through them. We try to everyday, but occasionally our duties on the phone or elsewhere can limit our interactions here. In addition to us, the Testing department will often engage customers in the forums. They are more active in the beta forums as testing new versions of the software is their primary job. Developers, other employees and Bob himself also come to the forums and interact with customers using Logos software. 

We've taken steps in the recent past to limit the amount of spam the boards get without increasing the amount of work it takes to actually use the forums for legitimate users. If you ever see spam you can "Report Abuse" which will notify the proper individuals of the offending post/thread.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:02 PM

Tommy, 

Thanks for responding. I figured there were Logos employees that read the forums. Glad to hear that Logos is taking steps to fix the problem. It's only an annoyance, not a major problem. And unlike some other users, I'm not all worked up about it, just knowing that you are working on a solution is enough for me. Overall on a scale of 1 - 10 my Logos experience has been an 11. I've been using it for a little over a year now and I am thrilled with both the product and the ongoing support. Keep up the good work. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2012 2:29 PM

DMB:
Not agreeing with your view of Mr Sela, but I do remember one of the Logos staff mentioning they thought the bulk of forum entries qualified as spam. So probably they don't view the issue in the same light as forum participants.

If some of Logos' staff want to belittle the forum posts, so be it. But the flatulence in the elevator analogy still stands. The vast majority of Logos' staff does not frequent the forums. Those who may come to the forums have low post counts and don't "ride the elevator" as often as some of us do. I really don't care if a guy 4 streets away has a roach infestation. But if my next-door neighbour has a roach problem, I care.

I care about how the Logos forums look because I have vouched for the goodness of the product and company. If people see a poorly managed website when they come to visit they may doubt my high praise and my trustworthiness. So, you see, I do have a dog in this fight. Better forums for all!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 249
Giovanni Baggio | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2012 10:00 PM

Super Tramp:

DMB:
Not agreeing with your view of Mr Sela, but I do remember one of the Logos staff mentioning they thought the bulk of forum entries qualified as spam. So probably they don't view the issue in the same light as forum participants.

If some of Logos' staff want to belittle the forum posts, so be it. But my flatulence in the elevator analogy still stands. The vast majority of Logos' staff does not frequent the forums. Those who may come to the forums have low post counts and don't "ride the elevator" as often as some of us do. I really don't care if a guy 4 streets away has a roach infestation. But if my next-door neighbour has a roach problem, I care.

I care about how the Logos forums look because I have vouched for the goodness of the product and company. If people see a poorly managed website when they come to visit they may doubt my high praise and my trustworthiness. So, you see, I do have a dog in this fight. Better forums for all!

The forum does not make the sales for Logos.  Logos keeps selling in spite of the spam in the forum.  Cyber forums will always be plagued with spam.  So sorry bambi-no but you have no dog in this fight and if you had one he'd pee on you for posting such a ridiculous post you tramp...LOL so there good night boy! Now go and report me as "spam" LOL

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS