Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:24 AM

Slava, I mentioned it specifically because I'm familiar with Russians and his picture indicated to me he might be Slavic. Take that in combination with Russian Orthodox belief and the post Rose put up and I was just wondering if I could have an aside conversation with him to address the issue directly. Sadly, he isn't Russian :( Ya lublu Ruskey. Maya jana Ruskia.

Posts 5297
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:25 AM

One rarely judge a book by it's cover, much less people by looks… Companies can be judged by their actions, Apple has done many good things and many bad ones, I truly doubt any company would stand up to Jesus' standard, but us people far less too. How many have tied to live the Gospel literally like St. Francis of Assisi… Most would say it is not viable to live like that and perhaps they are right, but the few who do live it would say we lack faith. I recently saw on Amazon what seemed like the silliest thing a Bible, aimed at little girls that was very bejewelled and appeared quite wrong (TO ME). But in it's heart is the same truth we hold dear, and not some expose on vacant celebrities one might expect to have such a cover, so too God looks at the heart as we must always attempt too.

-Dan

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 11:58 AM

Hey guys...I was really interested in knowing if we will ever get Logos working in full functionality on something other than my windows laptop - not in bashing a company or a nationality.

Who is happy out there with their logos on their tablet please?

Posts 2769
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:21 PM

Joshua Lieder:

Hey guys...I was really interested in knowing if we will ever get Logos working in full functionality on something other than my windows laptop - not in bashing a company or a nationality.

Hi Joshua; I am happy with Logos on my Android Tablet. Besides the inability to store/move the resources to external memory, I haven't had any major issues with functionality. Here is the specs of my tablets.

Lenovo A1 (decommissioned) - Android 2.2 OS with 16G internal memory.

Samsung Tab 2 7.0 (current) - Android ICS OS with 8G internal memory.

Smile

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:33 PM

thanks

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:42 PM

Joshua Lieder:

Hi Joshua,

Just to be clear, If the question isn't really about problems but whether Logos on iOS/Android devices has all of the features and works exactly like Logos on laptop/desktop computers running Windows or OSX, the answer is a definite no.  

Will this be the case in the future?  I don't know, but I do know that certain laptops are almost as small as large tablets and are roughly equivalent in price (and some are less than low-end iPad 3's).  So, until every Logos Desktop feature works without problems on mobile devices, there are an increasing number of available options to stay small and within budget but still run Logos Desktop.  I hope this helps.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:52 PM

Kevin Byford:

Joshua Lieder:

Hi Joshua,

Just to be clear, If the question isn't really about problems but whether Logos on iOS/Android devices has all of the features and works exactly like Logos on laptop/desktop computers running Windows or OSX, the answer is a definite no.  

Will this be the case in the future?  I don't know, but I do know that certain laptops are almost as small as large tablets and are roughly equivalent in price (and some are less than low-end iPad 3's).  So, until every Logos Desktop feature works without problems on mobile devices, there are an increasing number of available options to stay small and within budget but still run Logos Desktop.  I hope this helps.

Yes

P.S.  Windows 8 Pro Tablet might be the answer...

Bohuslav

Posts 2
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 12 2012 10:10 PM

Which Nook do you have? How did you load the software on your Nook? Thanks

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2012 3:37 AM
i have a nexus 7 not a nook
Posts 3061
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2012 4:17 AM

Kevin Byford:
but I do know that certain laptops are almost as small as large tablets and are roughly equivalent in price (and some are less than low-end iPad 3's).  So, until every Logos Desktop feature works without problems on mobile devices

HI, Kevin,I would like to see the laptops you have mentioned,and the link as well.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 835
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2012 8:29 AM

I don't think I have had any problems on my Kindle Fire (original version)

Posts 6
glen sell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 13 2012 12:27 PM

I have two Nook Colors running CM7. Both have Logos app running on them. The only issues has been speed (mentioned above) and a problem being able to download all books for offline reading. I could not get NASB to give me the option to download.

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS