Logos Bible Atlas no longer working right

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:03 AM

fI posted this on the General Forum w/o any solutions. I recently switched to Windows 7 premium, 32-bit. I then loaded L4, upgrading to the Leaders leve.. Upon usingthe old  Logos Bible Atlas I found that the 3-D Palestine map does not allow you to roll, pitch, or zoom on the map. In fact, any attempt to do so gives you a blank map box. Is there a fix around this? Is it L4 related. It worked for sure when I had IE8 in Vista.

Thanks

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:23 AM

DanCleghorn:

fI posted this on the General Forum w/o any solutions. I recently switched to Windows 7 premium, 32-bit. I then loaded L4, upgrading to the Leaders leve.. Upon usingthe old  Logos Bible Atlas I found that the 3-D Palestine map does not allow you to roll, pitch, or zoom on the map. In fact, any attempt to do so gives you a blank map box. Is there a fix around this? Is it L4 related. It worked for sure when I had IE8 in Vista.

Thanks

Dan,

I believe I remember Bob saying they are aware of it and working on a fix.

I'll see if I can retrieve that post.

Chris

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:37 AM

Dan,

I can't find the post, but I believe it has to do with the L3 integration with IE and L4 not being so.

I know they are working on features of the maps under Biblical places, but I can't prove what.

Old brain, tired brain, lousy search engine for forums may explain it all, and I could be absolutely out to lunch.

Chris

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 11:57 AM

Chris,

Perhaps you mean Sean Boisen's post about 3D in the future

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/4589.aspx

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 12:07 PM

steve clark:

Chris,

Steve,

I looked at that one, but didn't actually see Sean say that 3D was coming.

Here's what I saw him say there:

Sean Boisen:

The new maps don't have a 3D option (but the L3 Atlas still works in L4)

That doesn't say it is there nor that it is coming. It says that L3 atlas is available. Then Thomas clarifies that it is Logos Maps not atlas. But is the 3D feature in them available in L4? I don't see it. But I'm not sure I remember it in L3 as I rarely used those maps.

I'm remembering a discussion about the integration of L3 with Internet Explorer and how that is not done in L4. There is a mention in the beta forum, that I could find, about map overlays coming.

So, I'm not sure if I made up the other or it was a side comment about something else or what???

Sorry, I'm probably just confusing the issue.

Chris

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:05 PM

DanCleghorn:

Thanks

I was going to try this, but it won't run on Win7 65bit. I noticed that it asked me to install LLS (L2, I think) and that the file dates on the CD are from 1999. So this is a pretty old program. (And no, it won't run in compatibility mode either.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:11 PM

Thanks for trying.  I hope Logos finds a fix soon. They still sell it on their web site.

http://www.logos.com/products/details/890

Posts 669
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 7:33 AM

Note: The Logos Bible Atlas is a standalone product that does not integrate into the old Logos Library System (LLS) the Libronix Digital Library System (LDLS), or Logos Bible Software 4. It is an older-style 16-bit program, but will run on Windows XP. There is no technical support available for this program.

From the bottom of the Logos page.

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:20 AM

Thanks for the tech update. I was wondering why it would not run in Windows 7 seeing that it will run programs Vista had a problem running. For the record, the Atlas worked fine in Vista.

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 8:37 AM

steve clark:

Chris,

Just to be clear, i know of no specific plans to support 3D for either our new Biblical Places maps (which don't have any 3D data anyway) or for the old Logos Deluxe Atlas. And i don't expect we'll be putting additional effort into the Logos Atlas.

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 8:40 AM

sorry Sean & Chris,

i misunderstood what 3D atlas was.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 260
Pastor Dan Cleghorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 10:25 AM

I also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it last night, and the 3D portion of the atlas still does not work. Too bad. Does anyone else have the Atlas installed on a Windows 7 machine? Does this feature work for you is it something else on my machine?

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:33 PM

Hi Dan,

DanCleghorn:
Does anyone else have the Atlas installed on a Windows 7 machine? Does this feature work for you

It isn't working on this Vista 64 machine, either...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS