Link to a location in a resource from an external document

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Father Neil Bakker | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:39 PM

I would like to be able to link to a location inside a reference (bible/book/personal book) from within an outside document (such as a word document).

Example: So I'm taking notes for a class and the professor references Dei Verbum 16 in the Documents of Vatican II book (which I own as a resource in Logos Bible Software).  I would like to be able to highlight that text in my notes and add a link to the resource within Logos, so later when I view my notes I can just click the link and it takes me directly to the text in Logos.

Let me know if this can be done...

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:46 PM

Hi Neil! Welcome to the forums. 

I want to make sure I am understanding you… you want to have a link in MSFT Word to a specific location in a resource in L4. Is that right? If so, the answer is "yes, but." Logos has the ability to create "logosres" links… but the Mac version of Word doesn't support it. Sad

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10
Father Neil Bakker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 8:53 PM

Thank you so much for your quick reply...

That is disappointing.  Are there any other Mac document editing software programs like MS Word that do support it?

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 9:00 PM

Neil Bakker:
Are there any other Mac document editing software programs like MS Word that do support it?

I don't know. Some users are very fond of "Mellel" but I have not used it and can't say if this feature works.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 16 2012 9:16 PM

Neil Bakker:
 Are there any other Mac document editing software programs like MS Word that do support it?

Welcome Smile

LibreOffice allows a hyperlink to have logosres:, but cannot open the link from within LibreOffice.

Option: create a personal book in Logos with your notes, which have links (plus have option to right click on your personal book "notes").  Logos wiki has =>  http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10
Father Neil Bakker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:58 AM

How does one go about making a logosres hyperlink?

Posts 27962
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:39 AM

Neil Bakker:

How does one go about making a logosres hyperlink?

Click on the resource menu (the book cover). Towards the bottom, click "copy location as url."

Posts 10
Father Neil Bakker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:41 AM

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS