irrelevant customer reviews?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:51 PM

I just went to the page of The Life of Charles Hodge (http://www.logos.com/product/7965/the-life-of-charles-hodge)

unfortunately, customer reviews talked about reading and research apps, how wonderful this commentary was, etc. What? Not a single review appeared to refer to the book in question.

Other books I checked had relevant reviews

So, is this a server glitch, or a review script flaw (or maybe something else)?

Is it possible to at least flag reviews that seem to be irrelevant, so they could be "demoted" or removed?

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 1:57 AM

I think the last one was my favorite... Wink

Perhaps some users are mixing up Logos' recent Review and Save campain (now over) with the website's resource customer review ability.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 6:07 AM

Paul Newsome:

Paul, are you referring to the review that stated "A. A. Hodge was a great theologian"? If so,

• it is hidden at first
  • it is about the author of the book, not the book itself

if you are referring to the most recent review, I agree. I love Logos too. I just wish that their book review feature was as useful as Amazon's Sad

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:54 PM

Toughski, I was amused  by the bottom review on your screenshot that gave a mediocre 3 of 5 stars, admitted to not having started reading, and then posts an interesting fact about how said resource relates to the life of Charles Wesley... a preview maybe?  I chuckled! Big Smile

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 20 2012 2:08 PM

Paul Newsome:

Perhaps some users are mixing up Logos' recent Review and Save campain (now over) with the website's resource customer review ability.

Looks like you might be right.  If you look back at the main Review and Save campaign the top two books there are the ones with the unrelated reviews.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3eBCU6SwP1gJ:www.logos.com/reviewandsave+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS