4.6a (4.61.0.3347) available for download

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 27810
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:01 PM

mark mohrlang:
Will they email a fix?

No. I don't think you would want a 100+ MB attachment in your inbox. Stick out tongue

You can keep an eye here in the forums. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:02 PM

The Rev. Dr. John W. Sias:

Could someone please direct me to the DMG for .3010? Hopefully I can "downgrade" without rebuilding everything.

Logos 4.6 SR-2 (4.60.0.3010) for Mac can be downloaded from => https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LBS4MacInstaller/4.60.0.3010/Logos4Mac.dmg

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:04 PM

Daniel Chambers:

2318.Logos4Error.log

I (hope) that the error log was correctly attached!  May the Lord bless your efforts to fix this issue!

Welcome Big Smile

Error log was attached; looks similar to desktop beta thread about crash on OS X 10.6.8 =>  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/57048.aspx

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 93
Robert C. Beckman Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:27 PM

It is 9.26 cst and I just had the same problem....some of us gotta preach this weekend. This is getting kind of old. We need stability more than any other feature

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:31 PM

Robert C. Beckman Jr.:
We need stability more than any other feature

+1 Yes for an application that reliably works to enable awesome Bible Study.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 69
The Rev. Dr. John W. Sias | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 25 2012 8:31 PM

Thanks. I found it and had to "nuke everything" to reinstall the older version (which pretty much worked). My system is now reindexing. Should anyone else decide to go that way, you will need this:

http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Troubleshooting#Uninstalling_Logos_4_Mac

and this:

http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs#Copy_Logos_4_Resources_to_Mac_OS_X_.28Supported_.e2.80.93_saves_resource_downloading.29

The latter explains how to keep from having to re-download all your resources---a huge time and bandwidth saver.

Make no mistake, this is radical surgery... but should get you going again after no more than *a complete reindex* (for me, perhaps 12 hours of computation time).

I plan to hang at SR2 until I see another release go down the road many a mile.

I have to say, it is quite disappointing to download such a poison pill in the stable release channel, and then have to rebuild everything to restore functionality. If the stable release is going to do something like this, there should, imho, be some work put into versioning and dependency graphing in the databases so that at least reasonably similar versions could be "rolled back" without a total reinstall and reindex. This is a significant architectural investment, to be sure, but might save a great deal of customer frustration.

At the very least, I think it would be helpful to have a software installer / deinstaller / downgrader that could manage the procedures outlined in the two posts above for less technically inclined users.

Posts 14
Dr. John W. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:25 AM

Crashes upon startup. Every single time. Great - just what a PhD student needs. Not impressed. How much of my sparse grad student money did I spend on this software?

Posts 5
klbrugger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:38 AM
I am having the same issue. I called customer service. They have no fix and do not have a time line for when a fix will be available. A bit frustrating to be honest, for a company to send an "update" that crashes your system and then leave you hanging. I know there are many of us that rely on Logos professionally to get our jobs done. Hard to really explain just how inconvenient it is when all of the tools you rely on for your work are nonfunctional. Depending on how this is resolved and how customers are compensated for an enormous inconvenience, I will be hesitant to recommend this product to others in the future.
Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:56 AM

Curious, those who are experiencing the crash, what version of Mac OS do you have?

I'm running 10.6.8 and I know others are in the same boat, does anyone have a more recent version of Mac OSX that are experiencing the crash?

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 14
Dr. John W. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:00 AM

For me, the crash is occurring on my MacBook Air running 10.6.8. My iMac running 10.7.5 is thus far crash free.

Posts 14
Dr. John W. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:05 AM

Do you honestly think we'll be compensated? I wouldn't hold my pneuma. If anything, they might throw one of those 19th century gems of a free book at us - i.e., one of the types of free book of the month which we've been graced with.

Posts 1
Nathan Hurlburt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:15 AM

Do any of you guys use time machine? I just brought back the application only and it works!

Posts 14
Dr. John W. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:20 AM

No Time Machine here. There is a post above which details how to revert to an earlier version - but it's pretty labour/time intensive. I think I'll just continue to sit, lamenting all the while in my sack-cloth and ashes.

Posts 5
klbrugger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:41 AM
Is there a place to file a complaint directly with logos? I don't see how a company can do this and not bend over backwards to make it up to their costumers. If they want us to trust them on a professional level, and then shut us down, so to speak, indefinitely. I can't imagine that they don't have the resources to figure out at least a temporary fix and make it available.
Posts 14
Dr. John W. Gibson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:00 AM

Is there a place to file a complaint? Well, I called Logos today, spoke briefly with a tech who told me he was sorry about the crash. He then told me about a number of monthly specials for which I qualify. This is tantamount to saying "We're sorry that all of that money you've spent on our software has left you with no software - but hey, wanna buy some more software?"

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:02 AM

You can feel free to call the customer service line to lodge a complaint. I know it's not a great thing to happen but let's all try to extend grace, as hard as it is to do, to our brothers and sisters. The patch was pushed yesterday and pulled late yesterday. Code is not the easiest thing in the world to correct. I know a lot of us are relying on the software to preach this weekend or even turn in papers today! This is where our faith is put to the test. Please do 'speak the truth in love' to customer service but at the same time, lets be patient and endure well. Remember 1 Corinthians 10:13. Even this is from God to help us become more like Christ (Romans 8:28-29).

Posts 5
klbrugger | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:48 AM
Alexander, I am with you and understand your points. I also see too often "christian" companies that are far less excellent than secular companies because they are looking for "grace". as a business, logos should respond appropriately to this problem and not simply say "hey I thought we were all Christians here..." They certainly do not sell the product on love and good will. When I purchase updates etc. I must use cash/credit. I do not ask them to give it to me by "grace." They are a company, and being a Christian company should not be an excuse for poor service. Really, it should be a reason to expect more from them, not less.
Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:14 AM

True, you did buy this software just like a man might buy a pot or a loaf of bread in Jerusalem back in the day. That being said, market transactions, church transactions, social transactions, et. al. are to be dealt the same way when we deal with both Christians and non-Christians: in grace and love. I understand the frustrations, I don't want to down play that at all. Nor do I want to excuse the fact there are issues that need to be addressed. We cannot control other people nor how quick the issue is resolved. What we can address, however, is how we respond. Logos never said they were excusing themselves based on grace nor do I think they are sitting on their tuffs doing nothing about it. If you look on the forums right now, there are more than a half dozen posts just like this one; they know there's an issue. I just want us to do the same thing Christ did for us; extend us mercy. Let's be patient in love, providing them every opportunity to make the situation right, before we escalate the issue. All companies, "Christian" or not have these types of issues. God won't hold us account able for the failures of Logos but He will call us to account on how we deal with the situations that God brings into our lives.

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:13 AM

Todd White (Logos):

I've pulled the Mac 4.6a build. We will look into the issue and ship a new build as soon as possible.

This highlights again why something I requested a long time ago [in computer software terms] would be good to see in Logos 4.

That is when there are updates it would be good to see a more user friendly way of having updates presented so users could select which ones they want to download/install. Currently now you only see a small dialog box at bottom right of screen saying there are updates. What if you had a book update, or new book, mixed with an application update which you know will crash your Logos installation. Currently it's all or nothing.

I don't know if it has got on any program enhancement list since it was brought up previously, if not can I give it a vote again.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 6
Trent Wilde | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 26 2012 11:35 AM

Hey, just a word of encouragement for those of you who work for Logos.

We recognize that you all work hard and that sometimes technology doesn't always work the way we expect it to. In trying to fix this, may the Lord be with you and help you to find a solution in a timely manner. Remember to be in prayer.

Question: When a solution is found, should we expect an e-mail, or will there be something posted on this thread giving us instructions?

Anyway, thanks to all you guys and gals at Logos for doing what you do Big Smile

Trent

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS