Logos 4 FAQs

Page 3 of 6 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 107 Replies | 18 Followers

Posts 109
Colin A Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 4:03 AM | Locked

I have been looking at Forums and FAQ's - as a disabled user with limited hand movement, I miss the following from L3:

Daily Bible Reading and Devotionals: dates are not current to the day when kept as Reading List in L4. The date created is the date saved for reading list which requires a fiddly reset every day. I have gone back to L3 for my daily reading using Love of God by Carson linked to ESV following McCheynes Reading Plan.

The mouse pad for scrolling pages needs to be available in L4...is it just my laptop?

The rest: study, searching and so on in really exceptional in L4. 

Oh - also need Prayer List for L4

Colin Wright

Posts 13146
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 4:11 AM | Locked

Colin,

I didn't understand what you mean about devotionals, sorry. There is a bug (actually in .NET framework, not Logos) that prevents some mouse pad from scrolling pages. Bob has said he hopes it will be fixed by Q2 2010.

Mark

Posts 650
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 8:32 AM | Locked

Colin A Wright:
as a disabled user with limited hand movement

Hi Colin.  Welcome to the Forums.  Sorry to hear about your condition.  We'll hold you up in prayer.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 724
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:35 PM | Locked

Colin A Wright:

Daily Bible Reading and Devotionals: dates are not current to the day when kept as Reading List in L4. The date created is the date saved for reading list which requires a fiddly reset every day. I have gone back to L3 for my daily reading using Love of God by Carson linked to ESV following McCheynes Reading Plan.

Colin, I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean that when you set up a reading list following McCheynes plan it breaks at the wrong place? Or something else?

Colin A Wright:

The mouse pad for scrolling pages needs to be available in L4...is it just my laptop?

See this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/8134.aspx it is an issue with Synaptics scroll pads. There is a work around mentioned. I can't say if it works or not as I can't get access to Admin rights on a right click.

Colin A Wright:

Oh - also need Prayer List for L4

This is planned for Q1 (2 - 93 days??) 2010. See the Logos' webpage: http://www.logos.com/4/missingfeatures for a list of what is planned.

Chris

Posts 99
Brian Kempson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:36 PM | Locked

Hi Phil

I am not replying to the 4 FAQs - I feel that I have experienced enough facts about Logos 4.!

Are you employed by Libronix or do you have contacts there? I simply cannot get any response from customer support and I have had a succession of complaints with L4. L4a appeared to be an improvement - until the programme crashes started!

L4 crashes every time on boot up - "L4 experienced an error and needs to close".

The problem appears to be related to the Home Page - if I hold control & tell programme to open to a blank layout it works OK until I selct the Home Page icon. Then a blank Home Page appears & the programme wants to close,

So, I was just wondering if you have any insights.

Thanks

Brian

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:58 PM | Locked

BrianKempson:
L4 crashes every time on boot up -

A fix has been released for this. Type "update now" into the command bar to download this release.

BTW. Anyone with the Blue Logos image under their Avatar is a Logos employee.

Posts 99
Brian Kempson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 3:19 AM | Locked

Thanks heaps!

Problem fixed with update now - to get SR2'

Brian

Posts 1
PaulDz | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:26 PM | Locked

This is all great...The FAQ's help. Buy why is Logos making me buy my books again?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:28 PM | Locked

Paul09:

This is all great...The FAQ's help. Buy why is Logos making me buy my books again?

Paul, once you buy a book from Logos you own the rights to use it, period. However, if you are asking about the upgrade prices, those are the costs to cover new books in the base packages.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:36 PM | Locked

Paul09:
As already stated, each new base package has more books (up to 200 books in some packages).  If you don't want the new books or new features, feel free to use the FREE Logos 4 engine with your existing books.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1782
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 1:40 PM | Locked

Paul09:

Paul, we're not. See today's blog post for an idea of what new content you're getting for your money.

Posts 3645
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 2:09 PM | Locked

Paul09:

Hi Paul, you could always just update to the new engine & keep all your old books AT NO CHARGE, though I don't know why anyone would want to miss out on the discounts to increase their collection, if they can possibly afford it...

Posts 22
Tom Gray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 4:06 PM | Locked

I echo the sentiments...10,000+ volumes!? <cry> Please sir...may I have some more? lol

Posts 2
Alec Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:39 PM | Locked

can someone help me?  i received my logos 4 yesterday and i have been trying to install it with no success.  i spoke to tech yesterday and they helped me and told me the software would take some time to install, but i still don't think it has installed.  it keeps giving me a time expiration screen and to contact technical.

Posts 2
Alec Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 6:45 PM | Locked

also, it continues to list, "prepareing your library, part 1 of 3" and it has been there forever; then it gives the time expiration display.

Posts 724
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 8 2010 8:26 PM | Locked

Alec Hall:

also, it continues to list, "prepareing your library, part 1 of 3" and it has been there forever; then it gives the time expiration display.

Alex,

First, go to this page on the wiki http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging and download and install the Enable logging (download the disable logging app as well but don't run it until you want to turn off logging.)

Then run your installer program and then follow the instructions on that wiki page to upload your logs. 

I think you should also start a new thread as this one may not get noticed well.

Second, list all the steps you take and what happens on a post so we can follow what is happening and help to diagnose the problem.

Third, and really first, find and delete the Logos4Setup.exe file and the get a fresh copy from        http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/LDLS4Installer/Logos4Setup.exe just in case there is corruption there.

Then report back on what happens.

Chris

Posts 5
Joel Rowley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:31 PM | Locked

Why does L4 try to install to my user folder instead of C:\Program Files?  I'd like to be able to use the software under different user accounts on that computer.

Posts 1535
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:33 PM | Locked

Joel Rowley:

Why does L4 try to install to my user folder instead of C:\Program Files?  I'd like to be able to use the software under different user accounts on that computer.

Because that what the licensing is. The software is licensed to a single user and as many computers as they need to install it.

If you want it on different accounts, it will have to be installed multiple times.

Posts 5607
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:43 PM | Locked

Joel Rowley:

See here:

http://wiki.logos.com/Installation_and_Indexing_FAQ%27s

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5
Joel Rowley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:45 PM | Locked

Terry Poperszky:

Joel Rowley:

Because that what the licensing is. The software is licensed to a single user and as many computers as they need to install it.

If you want it on different accounts, it will have to be installed multiple times.

Thanks for the quick reply.  It's not the end of the world for me at this point, but it does sound like a cheesy solution.  Best practice is that programs are installed in C:\Program Files and they store user specific stuff in the user's profile.

Page 3 of 6 (108 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS