How to Backup Logos 4 Mac?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 103
Bishop Salamat Khokhar | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:27 AM

Friends, I am planning on formatting my Macbook Pro and install everything fresh.  Therefore, I want to backup my Logos 4.  Please help.  Thanks

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:34 AM

Bishop Salamat Khokhar:

Friends, I am planning on formatting my Macbook Pro and install everything fresh.  Therefore, I want to backup my Logos 4.  Please help.  Thanks

Bishop,

All your documents, guides, everything is backed up on Logos servers. So once you've formatted it. Download the current release of Logos 4 and log in. All your resources and other personal things will download. If you have made any Personal Books back those up because you will need to re-compile those books.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 4819
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:15 AM

Hi Salamat

Bishop Salamat Khokhar:

You could, of course back up from Time Machine - but that makes the whole operation a bit pointless.

You might check the Wiki - I think that there are some other suggestions on that.

For a clean install though you should follow Philana's advice.

Posts 2482
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:47 AM

Time Machine backups, as long as it's backing up everything on your drive, should allow you to make a fresh install with no problem. Making an extra backup of Logos resources is very valuable. Be fully up to date with Logos before doing a final backup and keep the latest copy of the Logos app dmg handy as well for reinstalling if you need it.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 103
Bishop Salamat Khokhar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:57 AM

Friends, thanks everyone for responding.    The question is how to backup apart from time machine?  At my location internet is not that fast so downloading over 20 GB data will take lot of time.

Thanks

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:11 PM

Bishop Salamat Khokhar:
The question is how to backup apart from time machine?

You might want to read THIS WIKI post.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:33 PM

Bishop Salamat Khokhar:
The question is how to backup apart from time machine? 

After doing an OS X clean install, Apple's Migration Assistant can be used to copy users, programs, and documents from time machine, a different partition, or a different computer.

Personally did a clean install of OS X 10.8.2 on a 27" iMac, then used Migration Assistant.

Other option is backup resources and use scan command; wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs#Copy_Logos_4_Resources_to_Mac_OS_X

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS