Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 38 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:56 AM | Locked

MikeM:

My title bar stays black no matter what I set custom chrome to.

The black bar occurs primarily with 64bit Windows and a two monitor system, and Logos4 running at full screen in one window. Is that your setup?

When you change your custom chrome setting (by typing Set Custom Chrome to No in the L4 command bar), do the icons in the upper left change size? With custom chrome set to no, they should be smaller and the Windows title bar should cover the whole screen. With custom chrome set to yes, the title bar begins after the search icon, with the Home Page, Library and Search Icons extending to the top of the window, into the title bar space.

If you are seeing this change when changing your custom chrome, then there may be another, new issue going on here - one that the custom chrome setting doesn't address.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:03 AM | Locked

When I set custom chrome to no, I get a Logos icon in the upper left corner of the screen with the text string Logos Bible Software 4 after it.  The Home, Library, and Search icons get a bit smaller.  Nothing else on the screen moves.  The title bar is black.

When I set custom chrome to yes, the Home, Library, and Search icons get bigger and the blue Logos icon disappears.  The text string that reads Logos Bible Software 4 moves to the center of the bar and has a tan glow around it while the rest of the bar remains solid black.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:05 AM | Locked

MikeM:

When I set custom chrome to no, I get a Logos icon in the upper left corner of the screen with the text string Logos Bible Software 4 after it.  The Home, Library, and Search icons get a bit smaller.  Nothing else on the screen moves.  The title bar is black.

When I set custom chrome to yes, the Home, Library, and Search icons get bigger and the blue Logos icon disappears.  The text string that reads Logos Bible Software 4 moves to the center of the bar and has a tan glow around it while the rest of the bar remains solid black.

Is your setup a 2 monitor system, 64 bit, and Logos4 full screen?

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:16 AM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:

I'm sorry Richard... getting sleepy here.  The desktop is a 32bit install of Vista Business. No dual monitor.  The laptop is 64 bit Windows 7 with no external monitor.

If by full screen you mean that I'm using the F11 key to invoke the read mode, then the answer is no.

Thank you,

Mike

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:36 AM | Locked

MikeM:

Richard DeRuiter:

I'm sorry Richard... getting sleepy here.  The desktop is a 32bit install of Vista Business. No dual monitor.  The laptop is 64 bit Windows 7 with no external monitor.

If by full screen you mean that I'm using the F11 key to invoke the read mode, then the answer is no.

Thank you,

Mike

The 'Chrome' behavior seems to be doing what it is designed to do.

No, I don't mean 'reading mode.'

By full screen I mean that the Logos 4 Window is not 'windowed.' The Logos4 window can't be moved by dragging it to another place in the screen, since it is anchored to the whole screen.

Uh, you don't have a black, or very dark background that is showing through the windows top bar do you? [had to ask]

Posts 2763
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:24 PM | Locked

MikeM:

Richard DeRuiter:

Thank you,

Mike

Mike. Do you have 2 monitors connected to your computer? If you have the problem but do not have two monitors connected then you are the ONLY person with the problem that I know of that doesn't have 2 monitors connected when the problem shows up.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 7:31 PM | Locked

Here's a quick chop job on a screen capture.  I'm not running 2 monitors and I'm using the 4.01.3.4767 version of Logos.  This happens on both of the computers that I have Logos 4 installed on.

Posts 2763
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 7:11 AM | Locked

MikeM do you see the three button in the upper right corner of your window for Minimize, Maximize, and Close. If you can see those, then you do not have the same bug. If you do, then you are the only person who has the bug that is on a 32 bit install, that I know of.

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:40 PM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:

MikeM do you see the three button in the upper right corner of your window for Minimize, Maximize, and Close. If you can see those, then you do not have the same bug. If you do, then you are the only person who has the bug that is on a 32 bit install, that I know of.

Hi Kevin,

I don't have the same bug then.  I have all of my window sizing buttons available.

Thank you for looking into this for me.

Mike

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 12:06 PM | Locked

A bit more information for anyone still working on this.....

I had used an EVGA (Nvidia based) 7300 GS card with 256 MB RAM all through beta without the black bar ever showing up for me, at least not more than once or twice and then not showing up again.

This week I upgraded my card to another Nvidia based (Zotac) 9600 GT with 1GB of Ram.  Every since that update I get the black bar of nothingness.

Set custom chrome to no works as advertised for me; but if any programmer wants to look at the differences between those two chipsets  using the latest possible drivers from Nvidia - that might help you track it down.

7300 GS 256MB Yes 

9600 GT 1GB No

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:33 PM | Locked

Thanks Thomas ~ I've added this information to the case.

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:16 PM | Locked

I noticed this (not running Beta) - I have 2 monitors and if I maximise Logos4 on my laptop screen the title bar is black and no window icons - when I tile it (same effect really) the title bar is OK and the buttons appear.

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 329
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 4:19 PM | Locked

Richard DeRuiter:
The black bar occurs primarily with 64bit Windows and a two monitor system, and Logos4 running at full screen in one window

I concur, it only starting for me when I went to a two monitor setup... If I made the view somewhat less then full screen, everything was fine, but when I clicked to have it at full screen I lost a visual of everything on the top line (all black). By the way Rich, I seem to be running the same setup that you have and no issues what so ever now. It's good to see that everyone with two monitors is having this issue, I was getting worried it was just meSmile My older eyes are loving the 27" monitor, the technology is so much better then the 3 year old VewSonic 20" which is my second screen.. it seems a bit dull compared to the vibrant new HD HP.

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 1:24 AM | Locked

Just wanted to bump this, which is still an issue in 4.0c beta 1. FWIW, I too am running 64-bit Windows 7 with an nVidia graphics card on a dual display setup. I had no problems before switching to dual display.

I have noticed something interesting though. If I unplug the second monitor from the PC, and then plug it back in, the correct title bar is restored.

Posts 2763
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 1:13 PM | Locked

With Logos 4.0c beta 1 I can NO LONGER reproduce this problem.

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:31 AM | Locked

Alright Kevin, I just turned my chrome back on, we'll see how it works.  :-)

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:44 AM | Locked

Kevin A. Purcell:

With Logos 4.0c beta 1 I can NO LONGER reproduce this problem.

I still have it in 4.0c. If I set custom chrome to yes, it looks right until I restart L4, then the dreaded black bar of annoyance returns.

(ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512MB) with two monitors)

Posts 2763
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 8:11 PM | Locked

Yep, mine came back too after restart.

Posts 8639
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 23 2010 6:40 AM | Locked

me three.

Page 2 of 2 (39 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS