Upgrading

Page 1 of 16 (313 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 312 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2012 5:58 PM

I just checked out my personalized upgrade page and I can honestly say, I'm not too happy. $400 to upgrade to Gold which I already own! I'd love to have the new features of L5 but not at that cost and to be honest the books I'd get don't justify the price for me personally. Is it possible to get just an engine upgrade with the new features? Smile

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:02 PM

Where was this information? Surely it should be on my personalised offers page!

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:06 PM

Logos is not currently offering a minimal crossgrade like they did with the launch of L4. However, you can "downgrade" your base packages and, for example pay for the new resources in Silver or Bronze which would be cheaper than the Gold upgrade price. Of course you will not lose any of your L4 Gold package.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:10 PM

Kevin Becker:
you can "downgrade" your base packages

ARE THEY KIDDING ME??? I have used this software and bragged about for years. I have spent a small fortune on my library and this is how I get treated, a downgrade!!! Man alive am I cross!

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:16 PM

Mark Stevens:

Kevin Becker:
you can "downgrade" your base packages

ARE THEY KIDDING ME??? I have used this software and bragged about for years. I have spent a small fortune on my library and this is how I get treated, a downgrade!!! Man alive am I cross!

Did you read the part where you do not lose any of the resources you already have. Calm down Logos will offer a crossgrade but their servers can't take all that downloading at once.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:20 PM

Yes I did but why should I have to downgrade to get a cross grade. i don't want new books and I wish to keep my Gold status. I have spent a lot of money and praised this program to people endlessly. And where is that info? All I got was a upgrade page that didn't explain any of this! I should not have to pay for a downgrade.

Posts 72
Zachary Oglesby | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:27 PM

Mark Stevens:

Yes I did but why should I have to downgrade to get a cross grade. i don't want new books and I wish to keep my Gold status. I have spent a lot of money and praised this program to people endlessly. And where is that info? All I got was a upgrade page that didn't explain any of this! I should not have to pay for a downgrade.

I don't think he was telling you that you *had to*, just that if you wanted to use the new features now you could always downgrade, but if you want to be patient keep using Logos 4 until the cross-grade is made available. 

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:29 PM

I was told that the cross-grade won't be happening.. 

I upgraded to the platinum package for a few more bucks. I'm excited. :) This would be great with my new studies I'm starting in January at Moody Institute! 

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:39 PM

Mark Stevens:

I dunno mark, it may not help to look at the actual name of a package (many have changed, others have been retained) just see what you gain with each package and how it fits with your budget.  you're not losing a thing.  

I can't afford the new Portfolio.  Or Diamond.  Or Platinum.  or maybe less.  But I love my library that I have . . . 

On second thought, I'm wondering if I missed what you are saying: are you saying . . . if i have, please help me understtand.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:43 PM

Janice:
I was told that the cross-grade won't be happening.. 

I spoke with someone in sales earlier and asked him about the crossgrade. He confirmed that it will come after the introductory period.

Posts 439
Mark Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:43 PM

Thanks Dan and thanks everyone. I just feel incredibly let down by Logos. Gold was a milestone for me. I know I get to keep stuff but I cannot understand why I should have to downgrade to upgrade. It is an insult to the thousands I have spent building my library. Why can't I pay for the upgrade like I did with L4?

I love this software and I have bragged about for years. A little shocked that there is no info about any of this on my product upgrade page. All I see is the $400 plus it will cost me to keep Gold. 

I expected better from Logos.

Posts 33
Nathaniel&Kelsey Stamper | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:47 PM

I am with you. This is a huge let down by the company.

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:50 PM

Mark Stevens:
I love this software and I have bragged about for years. A little shocked that there is no info about any of this on my product upgrade page. All I see is the $400 plus it will cost me to keep Gold. 

You can look at the other options (downgrade and upgrade) on the Upgrade page. Click the other 'book' icons for Silver or Bronze or Diamond, etc.

I wouldn't downgrade below Gold because you will not get all the features. (Silver gives all but one,Bible Sense Lexicon, so that might be possible.)

I sympathize. I don't like to lose status either and frankly the dollar difference wouldn't be that great if I dropped down to Gold from Platinum. Logos really changed the contents of the libraries and that has created the pricing we are seeing.

I hope it works out for you and others with a similar shocked look on their faces.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:53 PM

Logos shouldn't have used the same name for packages with different contents, IMO, but it's not a downgrade just because your new package doesn't have the same name as the one before.  You haven't lost anything in functionality.  You've only gained.

I would wait for a minimal crossgrade package to become available personally, to see what features can be picked up without having to buy books.  If I bought Gold, I would still gain some resources that I want (over my current L4 Platinum), plus I would have full feature functionality.   Those resources alone aren't worth to me the $385 it would cost though.  Silver is a more likely target at these prices--$98 for most all functionality.  But waiting for a minimal crossgrade is still a good possibility.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 155
James Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:53 PM

Okay... what gives Logos! I have spent $17,408.30 to build my library over the past several years. I have Portfolio Edition 4 now. And to upgrade to Logos 5 Portfolio which does not have a single added book that I want will cost me $1,524.49. NO THANKS!

I am sad.. hurt... and very disappointed. It seems this companies true heart of commerce is showing.

Feeling trapped and betrayed,

Jim

Posts 6
P. R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 6:54 PM

I am with both of you.  I'm okay with the idea of a crossgrade, and I hope it comes soon, but this is information that would have been nice to know about SOMEWHERE on the site outside of the forums.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:02 PM

Mark Smith:
Mark Stevens:

Mark Smith:
I sympathize. I don't like to lose status either

I appreciate you saying that, Mark Smith , and I guess there is part of me that is that way as well.  Mark Stevens, I felt that way with Microsoft when I had spent money to get the big kahoona (whatever it was called, with Publisher, etc) but when they rolled out with 2010, they changed it completely, not really offering "upgrades."

As for Logos, I haven't been able to buy what I really have wanted for about 3 or so years, I have missed out on some really good commentary specials (like Hermeneia) and have had to pass on journals and other things I'd use.  It really sucks (I mean that) to not be able to afford what you want.

I honor that frustration, and share it.

I hold that in tension with the fact that I want Logos to grow and keep adding cool features, and I know that costs them a lot to do, and they need to recoup it somehow.  It's the nature of our world.  (I'm speaking probably more to me than to you.)

Posts 1896
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:02 PM

James Brown:

Okay... what gives Logos! I have spent $17,408.30 to build my library over the past several years. I have Portfolio Edition 4 now. And to upgrade to Logos 5 Portfolio which does not have a single added book that I want will cost me $1,524.49. NO THANKS!

I am sad.. hurt... and very disappointed. It seems this companies true heart of commerce is showing.

Feeling trapped and betrayed,

The web site is so unusable right now that I can't figure out the lowest possible upgrade / crossgrade price for me. But so far, I agree with you 100%.

I would recommend that you carefully review the "New to you" list, as many of us have found items in our list which we in fact already own. It sounds like it would be even more painful for you than it is for me. But I'm going to push very hard to prove the point that their price is calculated quite incorrectly.

Donnie

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:03 PM

Paul Miller:

this is information that would have been nice to know about SOMEWHERE on the site outside of the forums.

Paul, what info are you referring to specifically--crossgrading, or what packages cost and what ones give you full functionality?

Posts 6
David Ogg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 1 2012 7:07 PM

Logos is alienating their happy customers and turning them into unhappy ones. I will no longer be able to continue to recommend Logos to friends and family. 

I too have spent over a $1000 just in the last year building my library and now they are telling me I no longer own a legitimate base package. Hundreds of dollars to just get back to my original base package and get the updated engine. They should charge a fee of no more than $75 for the new engine and grandfather in the previous owners of the package to receive upgrades to the newer version of their package.

Logos is abusing their recent success at the cost of their loyal customers. Proverbs has a few thoughts they should consider.

Page 1 of 16 (313 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS