Upgrading

Page 15 of 16 (313 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next >
This post has 312 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 44
Michael Kahler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:17 PM

I agree with your feelings, Jim.  I've started feeling this way about Logos lately.  In spite of this, I decided to upgrade my Platinum Edition at the inflated price.  I thought I would be able to enjoy the new features talked about.  Instead after downloading Logos 5 and installing it, I not only lost my ability to use Logos 4 (it's been completely replaced by Logos 5), but Logos 5 is not working with my Windows 7 PC!  So, instead of being able to prepare for two studies next week and an upcoming message at church using Logos 5, I'll be stuck trying to use alternative means.  Of course, I'll have to wait for Logos to fix the issue.  I, too, am feeling very betrayed by a company that I have supported even when it was Libronix.  Thanks alot Logos for abusing your loyal customer base who have invested tens of thousands of dollars each in many cases.  Keep sticking it to us ... your payday is coming, too.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:35 PM

Seriously, I am so sorry that I ever invested in Logos 13 1/2 years ago. This last announcement virtually killed any "love" I had left for the product. It's obvious Logos wants to be a "big boy" in business and play by "big boy" rules. Talk about a money pit! I feel sorry for those who tend to be impulsive in their buying because it's easy to spend THOUSANDS with Logos and later deeply regret it. I should have stuck with free Bible Software products and accessed many resources from the internet. I simply don't belong in the Logos economic class anymore! They have moved on and left me on the lower middle class category. I HATE to invest and regret it! My money is too valuable to me. 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:36 PM

Michael Kahler:

I agree with your feelings, Jim.  I've started feeling this way about Logos lately.  In spite of this, I decided to upgrade my Platinum Edition at the inflated price.  I thought I would be able to enjoy the new features talked about.  Instead after downloading Logos 5 and installing it, I not only lost my ability to use Logos 4 (it's been completely replaced by Logos 5), but Logos 5 is not working with my Windows 7 PC!  So, instead of being able to prepare for two studies next week and an upcoming message at church using Logos 5, I'll be stuck trying to use alternative means.  Of course, I'll have to wait for Logos to fix the issue.  I, too, am feeling very betrayed by a company that I have supported even when it was Libronix.  Thanks alot Logos for abusing your loyal customer base who have invested tens of thousands of dollars each in many cases.  Keep sticking it to us ... your payday is coming, too.

Quite frankly, I don't understand your vitriol.  My experience with Logos has always been satisfying.  Do they charge too much?  I don't know that I could claim that since what they produce is a first-rate product, and, if it happens to not be quite what is expected, they fix it or they're willing to take it back.  When I was in college and seminary I had a mechanic who worked on my cars.  I thought he was too expensive since I was a student and therefore had limited means so I found someone who did the work more cheaply.  It turned out that the car didn't run nearly as well when the cheaper mechanic did the work.  You actually DO get what you pay for—at least much of the time.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:38 PM

Shawn Drewett:
Seriously, I am so sorry that I ever invested in Logos 13 1/2 years ago. This last announcement virtually killed any "love" I had left for the product.

I wasn't aware that you ever had any particular love for the product.  I've been around for a number of years, and it has always seemed to me that you remind me of the Israelites grumbling in the wilderness.  Your act is growing whiskers.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:40 PM

Shawn Drewett:
This last announcement virtually killed any "love" I had left for the product.

What announcement? Did you read Bob's post? http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58259.aspx

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:51 PM

Michael Kahler:
In spite of this, I decided to upgrade my Platinum Edition at the inflated price.

That was probably not the best decision you have made today as you seem to have acted in haste, and the point about losing L4 is an (understandable) reaction to losing all functionality.  I hope Logos restore it promptly and you can enjoy L5 on Windows 7 as others have.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8089
LogosEmployee

Michael Kahler:

Instead after downloading Logos 5 and installing it, I not only lost my ability to use Logos 4 (it's been completely replaced by Logos 5), but Logos 5 is not working with my Windows 7 PC!

Michael,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having problems running Logos 5. We want to fix this problem as quickly as possible, but need more diagnostic information to identify the underlying issue.

Please enable logging and post your logs in this forum. (It would be most helpful if you created a new thread instead of replying to this one. This thread is quite long and replies can get lost.) The instructions for enabling logging are here: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging

If you have any trouble with getting logging to work properly, please create a new thread detailing the problems and we'll assist you as soon as we can.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:15 AM

James Macleod:

I think everyone needs to settle down and stop using emotionally charged language. Logos isn’t extorting us or throwing us under the bus. They are trying to get an upgrade out the door and want to make a bit of money for their labours. They have families to feed just like the rest of us and they are doing an excellent job on their product. I’m sure they are all putting in long hours tonight.

Logos will provide a cross grade option. They always have and they will again. No one will die tonight if they don’t get the upgrade. Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride.

James!      *smile*              Thank you for your very refreshing post!  Hopefully a few positive posts like yours can "turn" what has been a very dark day into a slightly happier outlook!                         Peace to you!                                   and Always Joy in the Lord!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:10 AM

Gary Butner:
I am not a Logos employee or member of the Pritchett family. I'm 70 years old, retired, and on a fixed income. I have been a Logos user almost from the beginning.  Until tonight I had Platinum 4, but I have faith in Logos and the Pritchett family, and so I upgraded to Portfolio 5.
Peace, Gary!        Thanks for you post!           Much-appreciated indeed!

It is so wonderful in this very troubled world in which we live to be able to truly "trust" someone.  I also (a bit older than you - *smile*) find myself so pleased that Logos and the Logos Team and the Pritchett family are truly worthy of our "trust"!                           Always Joy in the Lord!              *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 8:30 AM

Gary Butner:
I am not a Logos employee or member of the Pritchett family. I'm 70 years old, retired, and on a fixed income. I have been a Logos user almost from the beginning.  Until tonight I had Platinum 4, but I have faith in Logos and the Pritchett family, and so I upgraded to Portfolio 5.

"14 Then Amos answered Amaziah, "I am no prophet, nor a prophet’s son; but I am …"

Not a criticism (in fact, not really pertinent), but your phraseology reminded me of this passage.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 9:21 AM

Mark Stevens:

Yes I did but why should I have to downgrade to get a cross grade. i don't want new books and I wish to keep my Gold status. I have spent a lot of money and praised this program to people endlessly. And where is that info? All I got was a upgrade page that didn't explain any of this! I should not have to pay for a downgrade. 

Mark, you can keep your Gold status, but you can bet in the future upgrades are going to have new names. Logos made a mistake this time by keeping the same package names on upgrades, but they learn from their mistakes. Everyone needs to recognize Bronze 4 is not Bronze 5, Silver 4 is not Silver 5, Platinum 4 is not Platinum 5, etc.

Posts 11
Scott Shelburne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 10:27 AM

I am an engineer by day, a seminary student by night, and a weekly bible study teacher.  I'm on the fence with the two sides of this forum.  However, I liken a proposed solution to the engineering software that I have to purchase for my company.

The cost of my engineering software packages is $10k-$12k.  The upgrade costs are around $5k.  However, they give me an option to be on a subscription, which I pay $1,500/year.  For that subscription, I receive any major upgrades before it is available to the public, I receive quarterly minor upgrades to which the public does not receive, all maintenance upgrades/fixes for free and before the public, I am offered free technical support, I am offered discounts for other promotions before the public, and I have the ability to attend training classes at reduced rates.

I believe this would be a great solution for Logos to consider, and it would be good for their customers also.  I would easily pay a subscription fee (assuming that it is affordable) and have all the luxuries that I do with my engineering software.  It's a win-win.  Logos gets a consistent paycheck from users, and users get constant return on their investment in Logos.

Just my thoughts...

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 11:05 AM

Scott Shelburne:
 However, they give me an option to be on a subscription, which I pay $1,500/year.  For that subscription, I receive any major upgrades before it is available to the public, I receive quarterly minor upgrades to which the public does not receive, all maintenance upgrades/fixes for free and before the public, I am offered free technical support, I am offered discounts for other promotions before the public, and I have the ability to attend training classes at reduced rates.

Hey !  I could save money at that rate.  [Does it include all the resources I want?]  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 38
Francis Jeffries | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:27 PM

SurpriseI Just purchased an upgrade (smile) from Gold to Starter.  I did not lose a thing.  I think I gained about 40 more resources.  Forget about the names.  It's like everything else in life.  It's just for show.  Bigger is not better in this case.  You only pay more for more resources.  I was afraid I would lose functionality, but I seem to have everything I had before.  My upgrade was $46.00. 

Even if I only paid for the software, $46.00 is a very, very, very good price for software that I absolutely love. 

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 6:04 PM

Hi Bob!

Your post and another that explains why the engine only offering must wait. You have put me in my "place" and let me know exactly where I stand and the extent to which you appreciate my business and my customer loyalty to Logos. In just under 3 years I've spent $ 12,264.18 on Logos 4. That's on top of previous versions. My current orders for pre-pubs stands at $ 6,219.15 while my Community Pricing bids amount to $ 587. You have every spare cent I could afford over the last 3 years as I have been moving from a paper based library to an electronic one. What I have just heard you say is that I'm a less important customer to you because I don't have the capacity to upgrade right now. I feel insulted and devalued as a customer. I'm not asking to be given any priority as a [formerly] loyal customer. I'm only asking for equality of access. I hope your balancing act works out for you - that is, I hope for your sake that the money you take in through this marketing strategy more than makes up for the customers you will lose. Since money rather than loyal customers was the consideration in your strategy I just want you to know that I'm canceling the $6,806.15 worth of orders I have with you and won't be doing any more business with you. 

Best regards,

David

Posts 3
Judy Dickson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 6:46 PM

Here is an explanation from Logos - http://community.logos.com/forums/t/58259.aspx Maybe it will clear some of the confusion everyone is having.  

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 6:57 PM

Hi Judy!

That is the other post to which I referred and which spells out why I feel insulted and devalued as a customer. 

Posts 3
Judy Dickson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 7:40 PM

I thought I was posting to everyone and not in answer to your post only.  I've invested a good bit as well, but plan to continue with the upgrade after I get some more questions answered Monday.  I may end up waiting for when it is offered free as I don't need to be spending much at this time anyway.  

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 5:43 AM

I haven't quite got the hang of this posting yet either as replies I intended to specific posts are ending up in "general." Best regards. 

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:55 AM

ManilaDave:

I haven't quite got the hang of this posting yet either as replies I intended to specific posts are ending up in "general." Best regards. 

The article at http://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum#Adding_a_Reply_to_a_post is helpful in this regard

In particular the section entitled "Reply post editor"

Page 15 of 16 (313 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS