Logos 5 Upgrade

Page 8 of 9 (162 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 161 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:27 PM

fgh:

Perry McKinnon:
Logos is doing something now that they have never done.

No, they're giving the same 3 alternatives they did with L4: free engine, Crossgrade, or updated package.

Prior to Logos 5, only had option to upgrade to a larger package.  Logos 5 has a number of package collection options.  If upgrade to the same or higher package, the upgrade cost is discounted.  Thankful have option to choose which Logos 5 package (e.g. a Logos 4 Platinum user can choose Logos 5 Starter, which has many media resources plus 4 of the 16 new Logos 5 data sets).  The Gold package includes all of the new Logos 5 data sets.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3938
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:20 AM

I was not going to respond, but since you posted twice I figured you really wanted me to.

I understand your perception is different from the facts that have been clearly stated many times by Logos employees and many in the forums. That reality is the basis for my response.

Posts 9
Chris Linebarger | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 3:50 PM

Here's the bottom line. This forum is ridiculous. The marketing of Logos 5 has been a huge mistake. A good website has good information about its product on the front page, or at least one level down. I should not have to go to complicated and long-winded discussions in forums to get information about a product on which I've invested thousands of dollars. Forums are confusing, links are broken, and the information on the main website gives nothing for existing members. I have no doubt Logos will do the right thing, in the end, by its devoted customers. Their marketers just need to be severely reprimanded (or worse) and the problem needs to be fixed. I'm amazed with all of the disgruntled, loyal customers, nothing has been addressed on the website. It's just bad business.

Posts 24880
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:11 PM

Chris Linebarger:
I should not have to go to complicated and long-winded discussions in forums to get information

I have a slightly different perspective. The forums has been a major source of confusing and erroneous information. My only problem with the company site was finding the new Verbum packages because I didn't remember the site URL correctly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:19 PM

Chris Linebarger:
A good website has good information about its product on the front page, or at least one level down.

Observation: Base Package information is one level down => http://www.logos.com/basepackages Hover on Products, then clicked on Base Packages in drop down list.

Verbum packages are a bit more hidden => http://www.logos.com/catholic

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10263
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 2:51 AM

MJ. Smith:

Chris Linebarger:
I should not have to go to complicated and long-winded discussions in forums to get information

I have a slightly different perspective. The forums has been a major source of confusing and erroneous information.

That is very true, and some continue to promulgate false information even in the same thread that Bob has has given the official word.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 524
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:58 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Kolen Cheung:

Mike Binks:

Hi Kolen

Have you watched the video on the Logos.com Home page?

Yes, but I have a poor Internet connection, so I watched the videos in 5 pieces, loading it 5 or more times.

well may be Logos expects its users all get great Internet... But at that moment I really wish it was not a video but a text.

and, the video is not specific enough, one can only get a vague idea. I saw that demoed a feature about the search on the words from the same root (cognate) but it is so brief so I don't know exactly what's that and how it's performing. Again this is a deal maker for me. If it turns out as useful as I imagined it too be, I would spend whatever necessary for me to get it.

so any more specific introduction to Logos 5?

thanks.

You may want to check out the main features page: http://www.logos.com/features

From there, you can learn more about each new feature. The pages are detailed, and have lots of screenshots. Hope this helps.

Hi, I think I still can't find a way to click from the home page to this link. That's why I'm coming back to this post to find this link. Can Logos make it more obvious to find this link?

Posts 9
Chris Linebarger | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:05 PM

I should have been more specific. Nowhere on the website, at least nowhere that I have found, does it address Logos 4 users being able to upgrade at a later time or what the price will be. Perhaps I am mistaken on this. If I am, please show me. My point still stands, a company that takes care of its customers is upfront with their loyal customers and takes care of them first (or at least at the same time as potential new customers). We've been left out in the cold here. I'm not saying Logos won't come through some time after Christmas, or that various employees haven't chimed in on the forums, but this is a far cry taking care of loyal customers. How hard is it to attach a link somewhere on the front page (or even second page of the About Logos) that gives information to existing customers on how and when they can upgrade? Why is this too much to ask?

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 7:28 PM

www.logos.com/upgrade

Make sure you're logged in to their site with your logos username (you should be anyway if you're using the forum)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:33 PM

Chris Linebarger:
Nowhere on the website, at least nowhere that I have found, does it address Logos 4 users being able to upgrade at a later time or what the price will be.

The Discount Calculator links => http://www.logos.com/upgrade that calculates your Logos 5 upgrade price(s) using resources you already own.  If purchase more resource(s) that are in Logos 5 base package(s), then upgrade price(s) go down.  Mike Estes (Logos) offers Discount Calculator insights => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58108/423139.aspx#423139

The FAQs page has many more questions and answers.

Logos has the option to change additional promotional discount % for upgrades, which was true for Logos 4 upgrades and base package purchases that had different promotional % discounts at different times.  Phil Gons (Logos) has a promotional discount reply => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59767/425514.aspx#425514 and a promise of advance notice before changing Logos 5 launch promotional discounts => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59767/425525.aspx#425525

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 29
Hayedid | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:48 PM

For years Logos has been advertising that the base product upgrades would always be free. I'm disappointed with Logos on several levels. (1) This sly price gouging. If they want to change their pricing model, fine... but they should maintain the free upgrades pricing model for existing customers. (2) I don't find them to be careful what kind of books they publish. Islamic Studies, etc... Other than money, there is not much reason for a Christian company to do so... and since they chose to, they should have waiting until it could be properly separated from a normal Bible Study. I wrote logos about that one... and got a response similar to.... 'don't you as a parent watch what you child reads'? My answer. Yes, absolutely, but as a Bible product, Logos should enable parents to lock resources that may be inappropriate for younger children. This even includes authors or books (that may have come with a package) that a parent feels are inappropriate for younger children.  With the amount of money many people have invested in Logos, Logos should step forward and stand behind their users and stand for God.

Incidentally, I run a software and engineering company myself, so I don't state this without knowledge as to what it takes to make it happen.  Bible companies should be spiritually responsible to sharing the Gospel message without compromise.  That being said, companies are made of people and people are not perfect.  However, Logos... you are seing the complaints... and they are just.  Now is your opportunity to make it right.

Thank you.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:09 PM

Hayedid:
... but they should maintain the free upgrades pricing model for existing customers.

Suggest reading post by Bob Pritchett (Logos CEO) => Official: Minimum Crossgrade and free engine download are coming! that keeps free software upgrades.

Next year existing customers will be able to freely install and use Logos 5 Bible Software with the features and resources they currently have.

If want to use new features in Logos 5 (e.g. Bible Sense Lexicon), then need to purchase resource(s) that contain appropriate data.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10263
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:58 AM

Hayedid:
I don't find them to be careful what kind of books they publish. Islamic Studies, etc... Other than money, there is not much reason for a Christian company to do so..

Perhaps because we Christians are coming into contact with Muslims more frequently now. How can you show someone that their belief is incorrect if you do not know what they believe?

Hayedid:
they should maintain the free upgrades pricing model for existing customers.

How have you missed all those threads where this has been discussed at great length? As KS4J has already stated, nothing has changed. The free engine will be available next calendar quarter.

Hayedid:
Incidentally, I run a software and engineering company myself

In that case, you should realize that Logos cannot give the new data sets away and remain in business.

Hayedid:
Now is your opportunity to make it right.

In the area of your complaint, there is nothing to "make right".

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 1
Sidney Almeida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:16 AM

Agree with Justn

We need just an upgrade from version 4 to version 5 (and pay the difference), rather than buying the full package AGAIN. 

Posts 24880
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:52 AM

Sidney Almeida:
We need just an upgrade from version 4 to version 5 (and pay the difference),

Welcome to the forums. That is what Logos is offering so I'm glad you agree that Logos is doing the right thing. I'm sorry if the forums made you think otherwise.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:29 AM

Hayedid:
Now is your opportunity to make it right.

Bob Pritchett (Logos CEO) posted thread => Logos Updates and Upgrades and Ebooks and Data Sets  to clarify and discuss terminology along with seeking feedback about future content monetization.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15
Charles Hadden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:41 PM

The minimal crossgrade comes up priced at $159.  I thought Bob said it would be around $100 if you have the leader's library which I do

When I use the calculator and "New to Me"  it tells me that the Institutes of the Christian Religion are new to me but they are not I do have them.

Any ideas?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:58 PM

Charles Hadden:
The minimal crossgrade comes up priced at $159.  I thought Bob said it would be around $100 if you have the leader's library which I do

Bob Pritchett, Logos CEO, posted => Official: Minimum Crossgrade and free engine download are coming!  that includes:

Bob Pritchett:
NEW, Friday, 11/9: We've been looking at the interdependence of some of the data sets, and the fact that even for original purchasers, some of the new data sets / resources are only in Gold and above. So we're planning to split the crossgrade into two levels; the smaller one will likely be under $100, and appropriate for someone with CHL, BSL, Leader's, or Scholar's, and the larger one with have the language-related resources and data sets, too, and be somewhere over $100, depending on what you already own. It will be for people who had Scholar's, Silver, Gold, etc.

The Logos comparison and upgrade pages include Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade ($ 159.95 regular price), but do not have Logos 5 Core Datasets for $ 79.95

http://www.logos.com/product/28494/logos-5-core-datasets

Charles Hadden:

When I use the calculator and "New to Me"  it tells me that the Institutes of the Christian Religion are new to me but they are not I do have them.

Currently , two sets of Institutes of the Christian Religion are available for purchase:

http://www.logos.com/product/9472/institutes-of-the-christian-religion by Henry Beveridge that is included in Logos 5 Starter and higher packages

http://www.logos.com/product/9473/institutes-of-the-christian-religion by John Allen that is included in Calvin 500 and The Institutes of the Christian Religion: English, Latin, and French (9 vols.)

A third set is available to pre-order, which was translated by Ford Lewis Battles and consolidated notes, ...:

http://www.logos.com/product/16036/institutes-of-the-christian-religion

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15
Charles Hadden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:27 PM

I already have the Beveridge Calvin; why does it still show up in new to me starter set

From Logos' front page how would you find Core datasets?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:47 PM

Charles Hadden:
I already have the Beveridge Calvin; why does it still show up in new to me starter set

Forwarded reply to Logos; as a user am personally puzzled about showing up new.

Charles Hadden:
From Logos' front page how would you find Core datasets?

Apologies: had read recent blog article => http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/5-ways-to-move-to-logos-5/ that includes link to Logos 5 Core Datasets.

Looking at new products, noticed => http://www.logos.com/product/28576/logos-4-minimal-crossgrade also includes Logos 5 Core Datasets link.

Likewise the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade => http://www.logos.com/product/28376/logos-5-minimal-crossgrade includes  Logos 5 Core Datasets link.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 8 of 9 (162 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS