Writing Greek and Hebrew with Windows 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:12 PM

I recently upgraded to Windows 8, however I have now lost the ability to type in Greek and Hebrew. Before I was easily able to toggle between languages (especially in MS Word).

I installed them previously following these instructions: http://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/keyboards

Now it will not allow me to install them, any advice?

PS. I thought I would give everyone a break from the L5 controversy ;)

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

We may not have tested those keyboards for compatibility with Windows 8 yet. I'll notify the appropriate people that there may be a compatibility issue and see what it will take to update them to work with Windows 8.

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 2 2012 12:38 PM

Thanks, keep us posted! Blessings, Matt

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:18 PM

Matt,

I was able to install the keyboards onto Windows 8 using these steps:

1. Click on the link for one of the keyboards at: http://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/keyboards

2. Run the .exe file that downloads

3. Select 'Unzip' from the window that appears

4. Go to the file location

5. Enter the folder kdbldhe (or kdbldgr, kbdltran, and so on depending on which keyboard you downloaded)

6. Run the setup.exe file

7. Select 'Yes' on the permissions request dialog, or enter an administrative password if the current user account is not an administrator

8. Sign off, and then back in

After these steps the keyboards showed up in my Control Panel, under Language, and I was able to toggle back and forth between keyboards by pressing the Window's key and the space bar at the same time.

If you are still experiencing issues installing the keyboards on Windows 8, could you give more details? At what point is the installation failing, and what error message are you getting?

Posts 286
Mathew Voth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:31 PM

Thanks, I actually got it figured out already, but I am sure others will find this helpful!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS