BUG: Problem with Library menu/window position on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 78
Christopher Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:10 PM

Hi,

On my MacBook Pro (Retina with OS X 10.8.2), in Logos 5 (as it did in Logos 4), when I click the library icon, it appears in an odd position. It appears to the right of the icon and aligned with the bottom of the menu bar.  It should appear directly below the button itself.  Why is this?  

See attached:

Note that when this happened in Version 4, it did "sometimes" show below the icon, usually the first time after an update of the software (and only that one time).  But after that, it would appear as above and continue to do so.

Note that for the new "Documents", "Guides" and "Tools" menu items next to the "Home", "Library" and "Search" icons, the menu does indeed show below them.  Only the Library icon has this problem.

See below with proper placement of "Guides" menu:

Posts 4712
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:17 PM

This must be a Mac bug. It works as it should in Windows.

Perhaps KS4J, Jack, or one of the other Macs can comment

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:24 PM

One idea is calling Logos Technical Support; the lines are open today (until 5 pm in Bellingham).

Apologies: using full screen mode in OS X 10.8.2 on a non-retina 27" iMac does not have pop-up issue.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 78
Christopher Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:31 PM
Tried full screen mode and it does the same thing, except it hangs off the top of the screen since the menu is gone, of course. (Btw, I'm glad proper OS X full screen support is there in Logos 5). I suspect this may then be a bug specific to Retina MacBooks.
Posts 78
Christopher Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:59 PM

I'd just like to update than since the last software update (or the one before), this bug no longer occurs.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS