Not seeing new features

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Nick Pisciotti | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:08 AM

I just upgraded to Silver and cannot see the clause search, or timeline... in fact it looks much like Logos 4, yet says I have logos 5 on the about page. I don't mean to sound dense, but where are all of these features, specifically the timeline and clause search?

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:15 AM

Hi Nick,

A couple of points of clarification, when you go to tools, is Bible Facts and Timeline available? Are they shaded out? What happens when you click on Timeline? Is it that the software is not responding or is it that the Timeline opens with no content available?

It would also be helpful if you could confirm whether indexing has completed (you should see the blue Logos indexing icon in your tool bar while the programme is indexing).

Posts 4722
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:15 AM

If your tools menu doesn't look like this something is wrong.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 12:17 AM

Nick Pisciotti:

I just upgraded to Silver and cannot see the clause search, or timeline... in fact it looks much like Logos 4, yet says I have logos 5 on the about page. I don't mean to sound dense, but where are all of these features, specifically the timeline and clause search?

Clause search is in the search panel. The magnifying glass icon. It's one of the options along with basic, Bible, Morph, and Syntax.

Posts 37
Nick Pisciotti | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:05 AM

Thanks everyone. I think the problem was that it was still downloading in the background. I also should have mentioned I'm using Logos on Mac. 

Is there a way on Mac to see if something is downloading in the background? The arrows at the top right weren't spinning.

When I woke up this morning there was an update icon that appeared. I've let that run and now those pieces you pointed me to are there.

I guess I was impatient. 

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 4:49 AM

Nick Pisciotti:
Is there a way on Mac to see if something is downloading in the background?

You should see the blue Logos icon in your tool bar when L5 is either downloading or indexing. Hovering the cursor over the icon should display the progress via a pop-up.

Really glad everything is working for you.

Enjoy Big Smile

Posts 192
LogosEmployee
Mike Estes - Logos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:03 AM

Andy Evans:
You should see the blue Logos icon in your tool bar when L5 is either downloading or indexing. Hovering the cursor over the icon should display the progress via a pop-up.

That's only on Windows.  I'm not sure what there is on the Mac side for this.  Though I use the Mac version now and then I'm not as familiar with it.  I'll look into it, but I'm sure an expert here can chime in on what the Mac UI does here for downloading.  I think I remember seeing the indexing in the Mac UI before in the left bar on the home page.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:05 AM

On the Mac it shows up in the top right side, it's a little Logos icon. It will show up to download or index.

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2012 9:10 AM

Philana Crouch:

On the Mac it shows up in the top right side, it's a little Logos icon. It will show up to download or index.

This is correct. Same icon, different place. Big Smile

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 3:37 AM

Philana Crouch:

Additionally, if you hover over the icon. a popup will inform you of the activity (download, indexing) and the progress.

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:51 AM

Also not seeing new features. Just upgraded to L5 Silver. The only thing I have in my tools menu in the center column is Bible facts and program settings.

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 8:54 AM

Brad Fry:
Also not seeing new features. Just upgraded to L5 Silver. The only thing I have in my tools menu in the center column is Bible facts and program settings.

Brad there is a second, larger download that has to finish before you'll see all the features. It will require indexing as well. Has that occurred?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:20 AM

I restarted my laptop and now it's doing that larger download. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Thanks, Mark.

Brad

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 5 2012 9:27 AM

Brad Fry:
I restarted my laptop and now it's doing that larger download. Hopefully that will take care of it.

Enjoy!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS