Reference brower in L4?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 59
Edwin Kwok | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2009 2:20 AM

Hi, is the reference brower in L4 at all? Or is there another way to do that in L4?

Thanks,

Edwin

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 2:25 AM

Edwin,

this is a cut/paste from the help file in V4

Note: Using Cited By to find references to a specific Bible passage, such as John 3:16, is equivalent to entering <bible = John 3:16> in the Basic Search panel.

So...while there is no official ref browser...you can do a basic search with the syntax shown below OR use the "cited by" tool...from Tools>cited by

does that answer your question?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 16419
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 5:18 AM

EdwinKwok:

Hi, is the reference brower in L4 at all? Or is there another way to do that in L4?

A search for References is provided in L4 - see http://wiki.logos.com/Search_HELP

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 59
Edwin Kwok | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 1:55 PM

Thanks for the tips on basic search. I find that just putting the bible passage in, eg. Hebrews <10:19-39>, gives results similar to the reference browser in L4. While the + and ~ OP gives me results which I don't quite understand how it came about.

Edwin

Posts 16419
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 2:21 PM

EdwinKwok:

Thanks for the tips on basic search. I find that just putting the bible passage in, eg. Hebrews <10:19-39>, gives results similar to the reference browser in L4. While the + and ~ OP gives me results which I don't quite understand how it came about.

Edwin

That's OK. Just that there were similar options in L3 reference browser in the Match drop-down.

BTW (might be a typo) Hebrews <10:19-39>  is not a reference search; it should be <Hebrews 10:19-39>

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS