Bibliography Logos 5

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 20
Gilles Despins | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:27 AM

The new Bibliography tool is really useful. However, I think it lacks a 'must have' option.

It should have an ALL OPENED RESOURCES option in the ADD menu.

That would be very useful particularly for seminary students who must provide a bibliography in their coursework.

Please Logos, consider it fast! 

Thanks!

Gilles

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:31 AM

Good idea. 

Here is a work around in the Bibliography click ADD>> HISTORY at least your recently opened books can be fairly quickly added.

EDIT: note that CTRL+Click enables you to multiselect in the history list.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:38 AM

Gilles Despins:

The new Bibliography tool is really useful. However, I think it lacks a 'must have' option.

That would be very useful particularly for seminary students who must provide a bibliography in their coursework.

Please Logos, consider it fast! 

Thanks!

Gilles

Create a collection of all your resources. Then select "Save as Bibliography" on the collection's menu.

EDIT: Could you have made "all open resources" more obvious for me SmileBig Smile I think not. Sorry about that. Hopefully this helps someone looking for bibliography help in the future.

Posts 15
Brandon B. Carmichael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 6:42 AM

I'm still looking at purchasing L5, and wondering, is the Bibliography feature a part of every package? I noticed that there were some resources that are included in some packages, and not in others. Bibliography would be a big deal for me. Thanks for your  time.

Posts 20
Gilles Despins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:11 AM

Thanks for the tips!

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:18 AM

Brandon, as far as I know everyone gets this new document type.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:19 AM

Mark Smith:

Brandon, as far as I know everyone gets this new document type.

My understanding is the same, primarily based upon the fact that the Bibliography function does not utilize any of the new data set information.

Posts 15
Brandon B. Carmichael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 7:23 AM

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help. Looking forward to seeing how it works!

Posts 20
Gilles Despins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:10 AM

Brandon, maybe you should ask them at Logos to be sure. When I called them last week, a sales representative told me that the Bibliography tool was available only in the Gold package and upward.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:17 AM

Gilles Despins:

Brandon, maybe you should ask them at Logos to be sure. When I called them last week, a sales representative told me that the Bibliography tool was available only in the Gold package and upward.

Currently it is only available in Gold package because the free engine has not yet been released. Once it is released its not part of a dataset so it will be included. I can't find the specific thread, but I believe a Logos employee (maybe even Bob) said that it would be included as free.

Posts 21918
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:56 AM

Hi Philana

Philana Crouch:
Currently it is only available in Gold package because the free engine has not yet been released. Once it is released its not part of a dataset so it will be included. I can't find the specific thread, but I believe a Logos employee (maybe even Bob) said that it would be included as free.

Bob did say the Bibliography report would be included in the free engine in his post at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58259/414636.aspx#414636

Graham 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 8:56 AM

Graham Criddle:

Bob did say the Bibliography report would be included in the free engine in his post at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58259/414636.aspx#414636

Thanks Graham!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:51 PM

Gilles Despins:

The Logos 5 Release Notes clearly states it's free.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:38 AM

Gilles Despins:

I have passed this suggestion on to Development.

Posts 20
Gilles Despins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 11:05 AM

NICE! I hope they will make it. Really, as a PhD and ThD student, that would greatly help.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:07 PM

I believe you can already do that by adding from a collection and selecting "All Open Resources".

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 10548
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:57 PM

Tom Philpot:
I believe you can already do that by adding from a collection and selecting "All Open Resources".

Thank you, Tom, that is a valuable procedure.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 3:12 PM

Gilles Despins:

This has been included in 5.0b Beta 1 for beta users. It will be available in general when 5.0b ships to the stable channel.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 14 2012 5:55 PM

Peace to my Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!       *smile*

I'm very pleased that with Logos 5 I can make a Bibliography of all my resources.      It is truly smooooooottthhh!               Wonderful!   So easy!

I can get it into Microsoft Word 2010!       *smile*

Is there any possible way of getting it into Microsoft Excel 2010???

Mine is a very large library, and I need this to be done automatically either straight from Logos 5 or from Word 2010!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 20
Gilles Despins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:51 AM

Thank you for the tip. Gonna try that.

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS