Question on Listing resources from the Library

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5
Raj Punuru | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:08 PM

Hello All,

I am a new user of Logos 5,  playing around with it. I am trying to find a better way to locate a resource from the library. I liked the way Logos listed resources on product comparision page, For instance

Ancient Texts and Morphologies  
Ancient Texts in Translation  
Apologetics  
Bible Commentaries  
Biblical Studies  
Counseling  
Devotionals and Spiritual Formation  
Ministry  
Preaching and Teaching  
Theology  

I would like my resources to be displayed in that categorized fashion, I am trying by listing them using Type/Series/Subject but doesn't fetch all of them that belongs same theme/category as listed above or as listed in the comparison chart.

any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

Raj

Posts 79
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:11 PM

In the Library view, sort by series and it will group it as you requested. If you dont have the series column showing, right click on the column headers and select to show the series column.

More detailed instructions from the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Library__#Sorting_and_Grouping_resources

Posts 5
Raj Punuru | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:22 PM

Joshua,

Thanks for the link, However it doesn't help me with organizing. TYPE and SUBJECT columns are internally set by Logos, Series couls help but lot of resources have blank series, so I don't kow which resources I am missing for the particular theme.

When I search by type, I cannot see all I am looking for, For example my portfolio should have 9 Apologetics. but type apologetics resturns only 3 what happend to others, I have to find them individually, they might have been stored across different subjects.

any other thoughts.

Thanks

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:24 PM

One thing you could do is create collections. You should study the wiki article on this (it is based on Logos 4 but it works the same in Logos 5). You can create other collections as you see the need and can then view your collections individually in Library.

Here is the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Collections Note that you will probably have to apply some tags, or manually add some resources to create the exact collections Logos had on the product listing. Because Logos doesn't tag resources the coordinates with how resources are listed in your package, this will take a bit of work, but learning how to organize your library in this way will help you down the line.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Raj Punuru | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:38 PM

Thank You, I guess there is no easy way to list them. I will look into collections, even if it takes sometime to create collections it would save lot of time during the long run.

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:44 PM

Collections are very helpful in other ways in Logos: limiting searches to a collection, using collections in a Passage Guide, streamlining Parallel Resource views, etc. I have a lot of collections not only to help me find what I'm looking for but for these other uses.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Raj Punuru | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:52 PM

good to know, Thanks again for the link, it has tons of collection examples, it makes it easy for me

http://wiki.logos.com/Example_Collections

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS