L4 to L5

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 7
Tommy Bell | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:28 PM

I have a quick question for anyone that can answer it for me.  I have L4 Portfolio package and want to get L5 package today, but as you all know that getting the base packages are rather pricey.  Well I thought i would just get the starter package and go from there until they make it the release available  to everyone.  would this effect my cross grade in the future when it is release?

Posts 2410
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:35 PM

Hi Tommy,

Most of the functionality of L5 will come with adding any of the L5 packages to your L4 Portfolio. This would make the minimal cross-grade irrelevant to you because you would, in effect have that already.

The received wisdom is that the sweet spot for adding functionality is adding the L5 Silver collection (you should, at least, check the price of this if you are considering adding one of the L5 collections) you may, depending on your current library find that this is an economic proposition. Before you jump though double check that the functionality added in collections above Silver is not important to you.

If you find that you need the functions but not the library in L5 collections you would be better waiting for the full cross-grade.

Posts 16430
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:35 PM

You would get credit for any resources/data sets you own in Starter

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 7480
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:52 PM

Tommy Bell:
I have a quick question for anyone that can answer it for me.  I have L4 Portfolio package and want to get L5 package today, but as you all know that getting the base packages are rather pricey.  Well I thought i would just get the starter package and go from there until they make it the release available  to everyone.  would this effect my cross grade in the future when it is release?

Personally, I would wait until the crossgrade is released, unless you want the resources in Starter. Starter is missing several of the tools that you would get from the crossgrade, so if you bought starter now, you'd probably still want the crossgrade when it came.

Posts 705
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:59 PM

Mike Binks:

The received wisdom is that the sweet spot for adding functionality is adding the L5 Silver collection (you should, at least, check the price of this if you are considering adding one of the L5 collections) you may, depending on your current library find that this is an economic proposition. Before you jump though double check that the functionality added in collections above Silver is not important to you.

If you find that you need the functions but not the library in L5 collections you would be better waiting for the full cross-grade.

What if you wanted to have the FULL data sets & resulting functionality of the full cross-grade (from Logos 4) so Bible Sense Lexicon & Bible Word Study: Senses (usually only available from L5 Gold and upwards) AND get some new resources available by buying the Logos 5 Silver resource collection upgrade?

I don't want to upgrade to Logos 5 Silver now only to then find out I'm locked out of the higher functionality features later. Logos really needs to clarify/move ahead on this because currently I'm not buying anything at the moment because it is not clear (even Logos sales can't give me a definite answer) — and Logos is missing out on 1-2 purchases from me.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 79
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:50 PM

Patrick S.:

I don't want to upgrade to Logos 5 Silver now only to then find out I'm locked out of the higher functionality features later. Logos really needs to clarify/move ahead on this because currently I'm not buying anything at the moment because it is not clear (even Logos sales can't give me a definite answer) — and Logos is missing out on 1-2 purchases from me.

Phil Gons from Logos posted in another thread that you will be able to do a crossgrade even if you have already upgraded to L5 to pick up the extra data sets not included in the L5 packaged you upgraded to. Once he posted that, I upgraded to L5 Starter to take advantage of the customize promos (the discount on which more than covered my L5 Starter upgrade fee), satisfied in knowing that I could pick up the other data sets when they figure out the crossgrade in a couple weeks.

Do note that if you plan on maybe getting a higher package later (within a month or so), you may want to hold off on upgrading. I noticed after I upgraded to Starter that the % off to upgrade to other packages was much less -- 5-10% instead of 20-25% to upgrade directly.

Posts 7
Tommy Bell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:14 PM

Thanks you are right, I still want the missing resources.  I hope that they give me credit toward the cross grade since I have purchase the starter package.  

Posts 7
Tommy Bell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:16 PM

I meant to say that I want the tools.  

Posts 79
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:30 PM

You'll get credit for the data sets and resources you already have, including anything that came with L5 Starter -- note Phil's last statement about "dynamic pricing" in the post I linked. 

Posts 8147
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:17 PM

Joshua Coady:
Once he posted that, I upgraded to L5 Starter to take advantage of the customize promos

That's one I hadn't thought about. I wonder if the Crossgrade will give access to the 'Custimize' discounts? I'll create a thread to ask.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS