Searching for Biblical People, Places, Things and Events from Right Click Menu

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:16 AM

Will we be able to search English Bibles for Biblical People, places, things or events from the right click menue?  Search this resource is not available when biblical people is selected.  Also in Biblical facts I would like to search for the three times Harod the Great is mentioned as king and have the various results broken down in the analysis view (Herod 11x, King 3x, Pronoun 3x, ect.  In the clause search I can only search for people places and things in Hebrew or Greek but not in English.  I can compare a English bible but I can't get a breakdown of the various English names used in the Analysis View.      

Posts 24042
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:31 AM

Hi John

John Brumett:
Will we be able to search English Bibles for Biblical People, places, things or events from the right click menue?  Search this resource is not available when biblical people is selected.

This is a nice idea. One could select the selection option "Herod" and then search resources would be available but this would result in all "Herod's" not just those tagged as "Herod the Great". I assume it is this latter option you are looking for.

John Brumett:
Also in Biblical facts I would like to search for the three times Harod the Great is mentioned as king and have the various results broken down in the analysis view

I don't understand this - please expand.

John Brumett:
In the clause search I can only search for people places and things in Hebrew or Greek but not in English.

Yes, it is based under the underlying original languages

Graham

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:02 AM

Here is a further picture of how the search results would come back in a English translation.  Only the words refering to Herod the Great would be highlighted.  Currently the clause search highlights the entire clause refering to Herod the Great but it would be nice only to hightlight the words used of Herod the Great as used in Bible Facts. 

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:11 AM

For example, here is the analysis view of the Greek word translated worship.  You can sort the results seeing how it is translated in the English.  I would like the same with Bible People, places and things.  So in effect you would get the list found in Bible Facts.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:27 AM

Here is a further suggestion.  Biblical People, place and things could be incorporated into the interlinear line Bible Sense or have its own interlinear line.  So the name Harod the Great would show up in the interlinear. 

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:33 AM

John Brumett:

For example, here is the analysis view of the Greek word translated worship.  You can sort the results seeing how it is translated in the English.  I would like the same with Bible People, places and things.  So in effect you would get the list found in Bible Facts.

I believe this is possible in the current beta (5.0a Beta 1) for the clause search.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 7:56 AM

Philana:  I have 5.0a Beta 1 and cannot reproduce this.  Can you give me a screen shot on Herod the Great in the NKJV.  The clause search does not return results in any English Translation.     

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:19 AM

John Brumett:

Philana:  I have 5.0a Beta 1 and cannot reproduce this.  Can you give me a screen shot on Herod the Great in the NKJV.  The clause search does not return results in any English Translation.     

It won't work in the NKJV you would need to do it based on the Greek, and then sort it by the gloss, I think. You are correct that it doesn't do it in an English translation, but you should be able to sort by gloss which might give you what you want. 

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:32 AM

Philina:  There is no gloss catagory to sort in the clause search.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:40 AM

Your right...sorry I was answering from my iPad (didn't have Logos 5 open) so I was going from memory. I think it would be useful if they added the gloss. I don't think they can add it from a specific translation because that would require them to hand tag all of the reverse interlinears. I think it would make the cost go up. But hopefully if they could add the gloss.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:16 PM

Anyone from Logos know if or when right click searching for Biblical People, places or things will be made available?  And will it be available in English translations.  These translations are tagged but not searchable.   

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:28 PM

John Brumett:

Anyone from Logos know if or when right click searching for Biblical People, places or things will be made available?

It currently is...they've been combined into Bible Facts, it's there on your right-click menu in the picture you shared.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:56 PM

Philana: No I am talking about my original point concerning the ability to search the Bible for all the place where Herod the Great is listed.  I can jump to Bible Places from the right click menu but I can't search this resource.  In Biblical Places I find a list but I can't search my English Bible for the information.  I can only click on the info one at a time.       

Posts 9409
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:08 PM

John, no time has been given to us, just that it will be done. It is not in the 5.0a beta currently.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:22 PM

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS