Jewish Library = Memra

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 21
Marc Linden | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:44 PM

I saw that the Catholic Library got an update and is now called "Verbum" with different base packages. I really would like to see a library with jewish resources bundled which could be called "Memra" and have a nice Logo, too Smile It could include all the JPS Tanakh commentaries, the Talmud (Neusner and Rodkinson), Mishnah, Midrash Collection, Targum Collection, Legends of the Jews, the Jewish Law bundle, Maimonides, commentaries of ibn Ezra etc. By the way, we still don't have an English translation of the Targumim, do we?

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 2:52 PM

Yes Though I'd assume the price might be a little hefty?

Regarding a targum translation, I think they have the oldies on a CP but it's not going anywhere.  One big reason I'll be 'supplementing' my Logos with Accordance next year (Windows).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:00 PM

Jehojakim:
By the way, we still don't have an English translation of the Targumim, do we?

For the love of everything aramaic, can we get an english translation of the targumim?!?

Stick out tongue

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:25 PM

John Harrigan:

Jehojakim:

For the love of everything aramaic, can we get an english translation of the targumim?!?

Stick out tongue

If you love everything Aramaic, why do you want a translation?  Just read the Aramaic.  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:51 PM

Jehojakim:
I saw that the Catholic Library got an update and is now called "Verbum" with different base packages. I really would like to see a library with jewish resources bundled which could be called "Memra" and have a nice Logo, too Smile

Yes, please. I've requested this numerous times, though I thought about Davar -- except I believe that name is already taken.

Though the largest Catholic package is surprisingly good as a stand-in for a Jewish package. Lots of high quality Jewish and original language resources. I haven't done any calculations, but right now it's probably the cheapest way for a scholarly Jew with Greek as well as Hebrew to start a good Jewish Logos library. No Talmud or HALOT, however.

Jehojakim:
It could include all the JPS Tanakh commentaries, the Talmud (Neusner and Rodkinson), Mishnah, Midrash Collection, Targum Collection, Legends of the Jews, the Jewish Law bundle, Maimonides, commentaries of ibn Ezra etc.

Tosefta, Midrash Rabbah, Rashi, Nachmanides...

Jehojakim:

Crying

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS