5.0a Beta 2 (5.0.1.0168) is available

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 14 2012 3:11 PM

5.0a Beta 2 (5.0.1.0168) is available for testing for current Logos 5.0 users.

Please note that the beta testing information/warnings on this thread apply.

To update to Beta 2, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before, or enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command if you’re on a stable version (such as 5.0 SR-4). 

Release Notes

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 3:59 PM

Has Logos also changed the desktop icon colors from blue/white to white/blue? Smile

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:06 PM

Downloaded and installed without a hitch (Windows 7).  I notice the splash screen has been updated.   Just waiting for indexing to complete...

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:14 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Has Logos also changed the desktop icon colors from blue/white to white/blue? Smile

Weird. New icon on taskbar:

but it changes to the old icon when it's running.

I think the new one looks cluttered.  But I'm not going to sell my software because of that.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:22 PM

Todd Phillips:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

I think the new one looks cluttered.  But I'm not going to sell my software because of that.

Ok.  Thanks Todd I didn't notice the new icon.   Must say it doesn't catch my eye as pleasing, but I get they want to differentiate Logos 4 & Logos 5.

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 4:35 PM

Todd Phillips:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Yes, I've just noticed that also. Within the program itself, the icon is the same as before. I do think that there should be some distinction between L4 and L5 icons. Software has traditionally updated the icons with new major releases.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:57 PM

Splash screen during initial launch looks a bit different:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 1:54 AM

I've never seen any of the 'new' icons - nor the Splash Screen.

The icon in my dock is quite stylish though... 

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:23 AM

Todd Phillips:

The new icon is pretty ugly at small sizes (e.g. taskbar, start menu). I much prefer the old one. It they want a new look, it would be better to just remove the background.

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:08 AM

Mark Barnes:

Todd Phillips:

The new icon is pretty ugly at small sizes (e.g. taskbar, start menu). I much prefer the old one. It they want a new look, it would be better to just remove the background.

Perhaps just reversing the colors of the old icon. thats pretty much what they have done, with the exception of the blue border. I do thing that the icon for L5 should be different than L4.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:22 AM

Does the icon really need to be different from the L4 one? It's not like a user would have both installed under the same account, since that doesn't appear feasible anyway.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:42 AM

Mark Barnes:
The new icon is pretty ugly at small sizes (e.g. taskbar, start menu)

Thankfully, we Mac users do not have ugly icons Geeked

The L5 icons appears to be slightly darker than the L4 one did. Don't change it—I like this one—Libronix was ugly.

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:43 AM

LaRosa Johnson:

Does the icon really need to be different from the L4 one? It's not like a user would have both installed under the same account, since that doesn't appear feasible anyway.

I believe so. Even if it is a small difference. It differentiates (without opening the program) which Logos is loaded on a computer/user account. All in all, it does not make a bit of difference in functionality one way or another. It just follow an industry standard (written or not) of software upgrades. Software companies generally change the icons somewhat when they release a major upgrade.

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:49 AM

Jack Caviness:

The L5 icons appears to be slightly darker than the L4 one did. Don't change it—I like this one—Libronix was ugly.

That's the small change. Smile

And, generally, that's all that is needed. I'm on a PC and can't see that one, but if they did the same here (on the PC), that would be good also.

Posts 10969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:11 AM

"Don't change it—I like this one—Libronix was ugly."

Grrrrr!!!!

Someone criticizing the Libronix logo!!  

The 7 angels (stars) above the earth! And right before Christmas. Oh my goodness.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:33 AM

Bug Fixes on Mac

• Startup
    • Fixed bug which caused “Start now” button to be truncated in the synchronizing message window in Spanish UI.

I get this in the English UI in L5 SR-4. I'm not running beta, but saw that in the release notes and didnt know where else to post.

Posts 98
Joshua Coady | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:35 AM

Joshua Coady:

Bug Fixes on Mac

• Startup
    • Fixed bug which caused “Start now” button to be truncated in the synchronizing message window in Spanish UI.

I get this in the English UI in L5 SR-4. I'm not running beta, but saw that in the release notes and didnt know where else to post.

Doh! ... maybe I should also check the beta 1 release notes before I post stuff Indifferent

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 11:11 AM

DMB:

"Don't change it—I like this one—Libronix was ugly."

Grrrrr!!!!

Someone criticizing the Libronix logo!!  

I already agreed with you twice today. There has to be a limit Cool

Posts 25746
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:13 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

It's garish (adjective, obtrusively bright and showy.)

I'm wondering about the lack of functionality - has there been a change to the initial Sync, or have Logos just prevented users from interrupting it?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 2:34 PM

Dave Hooton:

It's garish (adjective, obtrusively bright and showy.)

The splash screen has too much free space above and below the the title.  I preferred the shape of the previous splash screen.

Dave Hooton:

I'm wondering about the lack of functionality - has there been a change to the initial Sync, or have Logos just prevented users from interrupting it?

Very good question Dave!

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS