Logos 4 Repetively Crashing

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
David K Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:59 PM

Logos has stopped working at least 5 times today after the latest update. In one instance I was working on a reading list and other times it stopped working during an idle time. Included is a copy of the latest crash log. 4532.Logos4Crash (2).zip

Thank you.

Posts 13210
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:54 PM

It looks like you have a corrupt notes document. Unfortunately it's impossible to tell which one. It's crashing when it tries to rebuild the personal documents index (which explains why it crashes when you're working on a reading list, or during idle.

If you've only one or two note files, and you can afford a small risk of losing them, it's probably best to delete your notes documents, and then undelete one at a time them from http://documents.logos.com/ - I'm assuming this works for Logos 4 users, but perhaps create a new test file and delete and undelete it first!

Once you restore a deleted file, it should be reindexed within a few minutes, so you should be able to work out which notes file is causing the problem, and leave that one deleted.

Posts 31
Christian Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:58 PM

Hello, I've been having the same problem and I followed, or I think I did, the instructions you've gave our friend, but I'm still having the same problem.

Posts 13210
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 3:36 AM

Christian Martinez:

Hello, I've been having the same problem and I followed, or I think I did, the instructions you've gave our friend, but I'm still having the same problem.

Christian,

Could you start a new thread and upload your logs. Your problem may be slightly different, and it will be easier to concentrate on separately. See 'How to Ask for Help', below.

Posts 31
Christian Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:07 PM

what happens to me is that every time i try to use logos 4, the program goes not responding for a few seconds every couple of seconds.

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:09 PM

Christian Martinez:

what happens to me is that every time i try to use logos 4, the program goes not responding for a few seconds every couple of seconds.

You should contact Logos Technical Support, Christian

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:10 PM

David K Williams:
Logos has stopped working at least 5 times today after the latest update.

David, is Logos now working?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2
David K Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:03 AM

It's been a busy week but no, Logos is still crashing despite deleting recent notes that may have been the culprit.

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 2:18 PM

I suspect it is better to reinstall. Use a Method that saves re-downloading resources

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:30 PM

David,

IF Dave's suggestion doesn't help you can you post a full set of logs after the crash? Here is a link with instructions: www.logos.com/support/windows/L4/logging

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS