Availability of Individual Volumes of NICNT, AYB, and NIVAC

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 707
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:01 PM

Will NICNT, AYB and NIVAC commentary sets be available as individual volumes any time soon?

There is no way I can afford all three sets but I am in tremendous need of Morris on John in NICNT, Brown on John in AYB, and Burge on John in NIVAC.

I am trying to finish a dissertation on the Gospel of John by the end of January and those volumes would be a huge help.

Posts 521
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:19 PM

On the Logos blog announcing the NICOT/NICNT Dan P stated that he didn't think Eerdmans will allow the set to be broken for some time if ever.

Dan Pritchett replied to comment from Ian | May 29, 2009 10:41 AM | Reply

Sometimes with large collections and series we are able to sell individual titles from those series several years after their release. Sometimes we are required to keep series together and never split them up.

According to the terms of this contract, we do not have the ability to sell any of the content in any configuration other than a complete set. That means you won't see individual books or even an Old Testament and New Testament collection for NICOT/NICNT, just the complete collection.

It is possible that some years in the future this may change, but especially in this case, I would not count on it. It took perhaps a decade of work to get the contract to this title in the first place, and it was under the strict terms to sell it as a complete unit. I do not foresee that changing any time soon, if ever.

If you are interested in NICOT/NICNT at all, this is perhaps the best price you will ever see on it and the best possible time to buy. The price could increase at any time, since it has already rocketed well-past the 100% of interest needed to move it into production.

Posts 707
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 1:26 PM

Thanks, Bobby.

I wonder if the AYB and NIVAC sets are under a similar contract?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS