Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1440
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:00 PM

Have you been using the Notes feature in Logos 4?  I'm a bit disappointed that it hasn't been updated much from Logos 3.  It seems to be somewhat buggy...

1) The note title does not transfer over when synch'ing over to another computer.

2) Bible references are not always recognized.

3) I've had several instances where I was typing and it abruptly exited out of edit mode into view-only mode.  I have to click on it to start editing again.

Have you experienced these problems with Notes?  Also, I couldn't figure out what the Hyperlink command box does in the Notes window -- Bible reference hyperlink?  Or web hyperlink?  How do I use it?

Thanks!

Peter

Posts 30128
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 4:36 PM

PeterLi:
2) Bible references are not always recognized.

Here I've found that I'm slowly learning L4's tagging requirements; then they work.

PeterLi:
3) I've had several instances where I was typing and it abruptly exited out of edit mode into view-only mode.  I have to click on it to start editing again.

This I haven't seen. However, experience tells me that the accidental hitting of hot key combinations is the most likely reason.

PeterLi:
I couldn't figure out what the Hyperlink command box does in the Notes window

That's because it doesn't work yet ... several threads in the forum discuss this and work-arounds.

Yes, I'm disappointed with the L4 notes. However, as the design beneath them slowly becomes apparent I think I will be pleased when they are fully implemented.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 295
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 6:50 PM

I have had the same issue with a note kicking me out of edit mode while I am typing.  I'm sure, after seeing this over and over since 4 came out, that I'm not causing it.  I'm a software developer and tester and I can't pin down what is making it happen...but I will pay attention each time it happens and report anything useful I might find!  Smile  It is sure to be fixed eventually.

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 41
Paul Davey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:03 PM

MJ. Smith:

PeterLi:
I couldn't figure out what the Hyperlink command box does in the Notes window

That's because it doesn't work yet ... several threads in the forum discuss this and work-arounds.

The Hyperlink box does work for Bible references - see here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5540/46170.aspx#46170

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:42 PM

PeterLi:

It has been speculated on these forums that this issue is caused by the program syncing which you are editing your note. Most people seem to be able to eliminate it by turning "use internet" to off.

Posts 14
Andy Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 7:14 PM

I too am experiencing being kicked out of the note I am typing.  What affect would turning of the internet sync have and how do i turn of the internet link?  Is this a problem that they are trying to fix...it is quite annoying.

Posts 14
Andy Mills | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 7:23 PM

I have turned 'use internet' to off, and it still does it.

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 7:29 PM

I agree the note edit panel is somewhat inscrutable. I had a crash when editing a note, I assume that what happened is that it tried to get to the internet and failed (i had put the machine to sleep with a network connection and awakened it with no network).   

It would be nice to have a document that tells us what the panel actually does now as well as what is it supposed to do when it is finished.

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 295
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 4:51 AM

Yup, docs are always good!  Trouble is when you are pushing hard to deal with bugs and features and support line work, who has time to write docs, even if it would ultimately lower support issues?!

Tongue Tied

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS