Bug: Bible search results in weird lemmas

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 28 2009 9:38 PM | Locked

EDIT: I tried it again and it did not repeat. Must have been a "glitch" not a bug.

EDIT #2: I tried it again, from the beginning - 2nd time was just a refresh - and it produced on και lemma - in Ex. 20:20 this time. Not sure what's happening. Can anyone reproduce.

I ran a Bible search in the LXX Morphologically tagged, from a converted Morph search (entered the search in Morph and then clicked Bible so it converts it to the proper search terms - this is a hassle) for πειραζω OR δοκιμαζω and got good results. When I put them in the data sheet I see 5 weird lemma results:

εν (nor in the screen shots)

ου

και

fruit (yes in English)

τοκιμαfinite article, the (see the screenshot!)

Screen shots:

 

Chris

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:22 PM | Locked

I'm continuing to try things and get inconsistent results:

Latest attempt was to switch back to Morph search and I got 4 different lemmas:

and

otherwise, but, yet

δικαιος

καλος

Chris

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:27 PM | Locked

Tried: lemma:καλος OR lemma:μαθητης and got this:

 

Chris

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 3:29 AM | Locked

Chris,

I ran your search and didn't get your errors....

BUT...

can we please either have the option to leaving the "drop down" chooser open while we uncheck things we don't want to see OR have "none" as the default...OR have it remember the last chosen options....whew....it takes minutes to uncheck all of the fields to display!!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 24921
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 3:31 AM | Locked

Confirmed, but for a while I was only getting expected results!

One way to reproduce was to change from All Passages to Entire Bible, but I just had to do it enough times in different ways!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 8006
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 8:58 AM | Locked

Chris Elford:

I ran a Bible search in the LXX Morphologically tagged, from a converted Morph search (entered the search in Morph and then clicked Bible so it converts it to the proper search terms - this is a hassle) for πειραζω OR δοκιμαζω and got good results. When I put them in the data sheet I see 5 weird lemma results:

εν (nor in the screen shots)

ου

και

fruit (yes in English)

τοκιμαfinite article, the (see the screenshot!)

The old LXX, i.e., "Septuaginta: Morphologically Tagged Edition" (from LDLS3 and earlier packages) has quite a number of tagging errors that will cause problems when analysing search results.

The new LXX, i.e., "Septuagint with Logos Morphology" (in the Logos 4 packages) has a much cleaner data and will produce better results. However, it currently also returns Hebrew results intermingled with the Greek (see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/5711.aspx).

 

Posts 24921
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 3:23 PM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
The old LXX, i.e., "Septuaginta: Morphologically Tagged Edition" (from LDLS3 and earlier packages) has quite a number of tagging errors that will cause problems when analysing search results.

I've recorded this as a confirmed bug. I'll leave it for Bradley to change to "won't fix" if necessary.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS