Context Menu not available

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 29 2009 4:12 AM

When running Logos 4 under boot camp I am able to right click on a word and the context menu will show up, but when I try the same thing running Logos 4 under Parallels or Logos 4 Mac the context menu doesn't show. 

I'm led to believe that some Logos 4 mac uses have been able to get the Context Menu to show. What's your secret?

Parallels is running Windows from the Boot camp partition, so it's the same Windows install in both instances.

I'm using Alpha 5

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posts 10744
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 5:54 AM

Tony Kissell:

When running Logos 4 under boot camp I am able to right click on a word and the context menu will show up, but when I try the same thing running Logos 4 under Parallels or Logos 4 Mac the context menu doesn't show. 

I'm led to believe that some Logos 4 mac uses have been able to get the Context Menu to show. What's your secret?

Parallels is running Windows from the Boot camp partition, so it's the same Windows install in both instances.

I'm using Alpha 5

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Probably not what you want to hear, but right click works for me both in A-5 and Windows using Fusion 2

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 2:49 PM

Thanks Jack, not what I wanted to hear, but after  bit of digging around I have managed to get the context menu to work by switching back to the 32 bit kernel in Snow Leopard. I have also noticed that Logos 4 Mac now loads with the exact same layout as last used in the Windoze version, this wasn't happening before.

It seems that A-5 doesn't really like running in 64 bit mode

Posts 10744
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 5:28 PM

Tony Kissell:

Thanks Jack, not what I wanted to hear, but after  bit of digging around I have managed to get the context menu to work by switching back to the 32 bit kernel in Snow Leopard. I have also noticed that Logos 4 Mac now loads with the exact same layout as last used in the Windoze version, this wasn't happening before.

It seems that A-5 doesn't really like running in 64 bit mode

I can't say as I am sill on Leopard without the Snow. Snow Leopard breaks two missions apps for our company.

Posts 221
Karl R B Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:44 PM

I've been having the same problem.

How do you switch to 32 bit kernel?

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 3:33 AM

Snow Leopard should boot into 32 bit kernel by default, I have  a small applet that was forcing it to boot in 64-bit mode.

From memory I think you hold down the "3" + "2" when booting for 32 bit or "6" + "4" for 64 bit kernel, but as I said the default is 32 bit unless you purposely change it.

To check click on your Apple icon (top left of the screen)

Click on "About this Mac.."

Then click on "More Info..."

Then click on "Software" in the contents column on the left

Check to see if 64-bit kernel & extensions has a yes or no beside it, if it says no you are running in 32-bit mode.

Hope this helps.

Posts 221
Karl R B Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 3:50 AM

Thanks for your help.

It seems I am running 32 bit, but I still can't get context menus.

Posts 115
Tony Kissell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 3:54 AM

That's a shame as the context menu does make the Alpha-5 more usable as a serious study tool.

I'm sorry I can't offer you any more advice.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS