Search Options

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 29 2009 9:51 AM

I want to do a hyperthetical quick search on a topic. I have a series of collections set up to narrow the search down (top bibles, dictionaries, key authors etc.). When I click on Search and then the hypelink 'Entire Library' I have to wait for a list to be generated, and then it is some 216 (!) elements long. Somewhere in there are my collections, amongst an entry for each and every tag that I have used, every series in my library, all the ratings etc. (OK I admit the last one will not break the bank!)

Is there a way to restrict this list to All Resources, Open Resources, and a list of collections only?

Thanks.

BTW.

I have also tried a basic search for 'Jesus rating:5'  and found no hits (not likely!) so the normal library collection parameters do not work in a basic search. That is OK, I can create a collection if needed. However, It would be good if the search were to be able to recognise the same commands as collections and the library filter, in a similar way that Google allows you to freely mix terms like 'site:community.logos.com' amongst the search terms.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 10:30 AM

Martin,

you don't have to wait for the box to populate....just type in the name of the collection....it will narrow it to a few possiblities....that's much more fast and managable.

and as you've seen, searching doesn't involved ratings like in the library.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 10:34 AM

Thanks Robert.

I did not realise that I could pre-empt the list, so long as I can remember the collection names that is.

Robert Pavich:
searching doesn't involved ratings like in the library.

When the list does populate there are actually rating:1 etc. options amongst the miriad of mytag: options ... still a good tip .. many thanks

Martin.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:02 AM

martin,

No problem.

On the ratings thing...what I meant was that you can't make it part of your search syntax..that's all.

Robert Pavich

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:10 AM

Robert.

Your tip works a treat, especially now I have prefixed the names of all of my collections with 'cll-'. Clicking the search link and typing 'cll' quickly brings up a list of my collections only.

Thanks Again.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:11 PM

Martin,

hey...good idea...

Robert Pavich

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS