No UNDO? Come on!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:27 AM

This program has no undo feature.  That is a step BACKWARDS.  Please put that in.

Posts 1416
Wes Saad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:28 AM

How would undo work in Logos? What do you want to undo?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:29 AM

DavidSaylor:
That is a step BACKWARDS. 

I don't remember an undo feature in v3?

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:49 AM

Chris Roberts:

How would undo work in Logos? What do you want to undo?

Goofs in notes.  Perhaps you inadvertently delete an entry you made in notes then you can restore it without having to re-enter it.

Robert Pavich:

I don't remember an undo feature in v3?

It was there -- check it out.  Enter something in one of your note files (make it a fairly good-sized entry) then delete it and then undo the deletion with <alt-e, u>

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:55 AM

Yes there is Undo in ver. 3. 

One area I would like to see it is in reference to opening/closing tabs (or panels).  I have too often closed tabs (close all tabs) by mistake and would have loved to recover.  But I have to start again.  Also a "stop" button when I began a search or passage guide execute and wished I didn't.  Those kind of things.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:22 PM

George,

I just opened a new note....typed in somethings...undo'd....then typed in some more....deleted it....then undid the delete....

Not quite sure what's not there...

This is a video of me adding a note....adding another...deleting the second note..then retrieving it..then undoing the whole creation of both notes...

Click here to play this video

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 26107
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 3:26 PM

DavidSaylor:
This program has no undo feature. 

I thought the same thing until I found this niffy new feature called "Help" - Alt+backspace -->undo

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 168
Bill Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 4:54 PM

MJ. Smith:

DavidSaylor:
This program has no undo feature. 

I thought the same thing until I found this niffy new feature called "Help" - Alt+backspace -->undo

Silly me! I kept looking for it in the Files and Tools pull-down menu.

Posts 26107
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:02 PM

DavidSaylor:
Also a "stop" button when I began a search or passage guide execute and wished I didn't. 

I won't admit to how often I would use this.  Altogether, I would say L4 is overtrusting - it thinks I meant what I told it to do. A little more suspicion - confirm deletes, stop a process ... would be a better fit with my reality.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:21 PM

MJ. Smith:

Altogether, I would say L4 is overtrusting - it thinks I meant what I told it to do. A little more suspicion - confirm deletes, stop a process ... would be a better fit with my reality.

Yup. I think they did it in order to simplify the UI, because as soon as you add all kinds of deletion confirmations there will be users who want a way to turn them off in some options dialogue, which means adding more stuff to the UI. And a stop process command would also involve more clutter in the UI. But hey, they're going to have to clutter it back up again sooner or later if they want to add 1000 more features to it, so they might as well start now! Smile

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS