Original Languages type option

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33
The Redlines | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:04 PM

I am trying to find my best option of upgrade similar to the old Original Languages upgrade from the old packages in order to open more study options within Logos5. What are our options within the packages available now?

Posts 9128
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 8:14 PM

John, have you checked out the Logos 5 package upgrades? The link is http://www.logos.com/upgrade

If you are logged into Logos.com your upgrade options should appear and their relative costs. (Click on the 'box' icons to see the differences, and choose the New to You option to see what content you'd receive. Your Original Languages resources will still be yours to use in L5.

In addition to resources, there are new feature and datasets to get the full L5 experience. All of these can be obtained either through buying at least the Gold package or by buying the Minimal Crossgrade.

Take a look around that page and come back with any questions you have.

BTW: I am not clear that you already have the Original Languages package but if not, it is no longer available except to Academic customers.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 33
The Redlines | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:18 PM

I don't have the original OL package. I'm trying to use some of the features available once those resources are in the library. I originally purchased Logos for my own bible study but I am now on the mission field and writing sermons using it. I am trying to find the most economical way to upgrade the program and get the most out of it as we are on a very tight budget as missionaries. 

Posts 33
The Redlines | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:27 PM

I realized I sure be little clearer as to my last post. I purchased the minimal crossgrade  but as I said before I don't have the original languages package so those options still didn't improve. I don't have guide options such as the version river comparison, literary typing, etc.  Also Thank you for giving me an idea of at least where to start. Gold is awfully steep for my pockets if that is in fact where I need to start. 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 11:52 PM

You should ask for a customized price on the L4 Minimal Crossgrade. It included all the features and datasets in the higher L4 packages. Make sure you speak to someone who knows what you're talking about, and who'll give you credit for those parts you already own; it's a bit of an unusual request.

You could also ask if, by any chance, it is still possible to buy OLL. I haven't seen any authoritative posts either way. In the first days of the L5 launch there were reports from people who had managed to still buy L4 packages, but now I haven't heard anything for a while.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:26 AM

John Redline:

I am trying to find my best option of upgrade similar to the old Original Languages upgrade from the old packages in order to open more study options within Logos5. What are our options within the packages available now?

The closest thing Logos has to the OL package in L5 is their new Biblical Languages Package.  One of the problem comes from the fact that they are not selling this package to the general public.  You might be able to talk to someone in sales, but the second problem comes from the fact that no one knows what is in the package (this includes the people in the sales dept.).

Posts 10638
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:23 AM

John ... adding to Mark's great guidance, I have Original Languages and the 'crossgrade' for all practical purposes IS the Original Languages upgrade. Most of the crossgrade is new powerful features that enhance study of the hebrew and greek. What 's even more nifty, is they are planning to continue expansion of the features included in the 'crossgrade'.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:09 AM

DMB:
I have Original Languages and the 'crossgrade' for all practical purposes IS the Original Languages upgrade

Not correct. The L5 Crossgrade will not give him what he is missing from L4, only the new L5 features and datasets.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 33
The Redlines | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:25 PM

fgh, you are correct. I already purchased the crossgrade to L5 but I don't have the L4 resources to turn on those older features of L4 and L5.  I'm caught in between. I'm just going to have to stay up late tonight and give a call to sales. I would also like to put in a suggestion for a possible discount for missionaries. I've tried emailing them about the subject in the past but the conversation somehow was dropped about the time L5 came out. I know they all must be crazy busy trying to keep up with everything. This may help me resolve a few questions. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS