Searching Question

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 175
Orpheus Heyward | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:15 AM

I am trying to find every location where Jesus uses the phrase "come to me" or "Come unto me".  How would i accomplish this search with Logos 5?  Do i find this with clause search of bible search?  Thanks in advance.

Posts 23662
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:34 AM

Hi Orpheus

Orpheus Heyward:
How would i accomplish this search with Logos 5?

If you are looking for L5-specific answers, this is best posted in the Logos 5 forum at http://community.logos.com/forums/109.aspx

But some thoughts:

You can just do a regular Bible search for "come to me" OR "come unto me". As you will see you get less than 20 results and it is easy to look through these and see which are the words of Jesus.

The problem I see in trying to do this in the clause search is you need to choose which of the "to come" options you want".

Logos have indicated they are going to do more work in this area to make it simpler.

Graham

Posts 175
Orpheus Heyward | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:28 AM

Thank you sir!  You are alway quite helpful.

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:30 AM

Orpheus Heyward:

I am trying to find every location where Jesus uses the phrase "come to me" or "Come unto me".  How would i accomplish this search with Logos 5?  Do i find this with clause search of bible search?  Thanks in advance.

In the future, Logos have indicated they're hoping to be able to restrict Bible searches to the words of a particular Bible person, but at the moment that's not possible. But if you have the HCSB Bible, you can use Graham's search, but restrict it to the words of Christ (click on 'All Bible Text' to select 'Words of Christ').

Posts 89
JF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 12:43 PM

Try       words-of-christ:"come unto"         --   In the KJV I get 13 hits.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS