Pre-Pubs Download or CD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12
Bill Caulfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:00 AM

I have both V3 and the new V4 on my machine.  I use V3; not V4.  [No Comments please]

Question:  I just ordered two pre-pubs but was not sure whether to select download [V4] or CD [V3].

Not sure that it even makes a difference; but what is the correct source to select?  Thanks.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:58 AM

BillCaulfield:

I have both V3 and the new V4 on my machine.  I use V3; not V4.  [No Comments please]

Question:  I just ordered two pre-pubs but was not sure whether to select download [V4] or CD [V3].

Not sure that it even makes a difference; but what is the correct source to select?  Thanks.

If you want to us Logos 3 primarily then I would get the CD. The download for V4 might be in the new Logos4 format and unreadable by Logos 3. However, with that said, if you buy the download (to save on shipping) you should be able to sync licenses in Logos 3 and then use the resource update script to find those files on the ftp after you update Logos 4.

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 1:50 PM

Bill,

It's a matter of personal preference. Load the CD into 3.0, sync licenses, then go to 4.0 and let it discover you need the 4.0 version books downloaded and it will do it.

Download the 4.0 version, locate the 3.0 files on the ftp site and download them.

AFAIK its a toss-up, except you have to pay for the CD to be mailed and wait for it to be delivered.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS