Copying verses to Word in Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Tim Weidlich | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:08 PM

Logos 4 had a copy Verse option in the Information Panel area. Now when I try to open that option by clicking the + above the Information Panel sometimes it gives me a copy verses option, but usually gives me a list of parallel resources. What am I missing? 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:14 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by copy verse. Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing in the Information Panel. I am not sure why you would expect to see a copy verse command in the information panel. The copy command in that tool is intended to copy the information in that panel

Posts 9
Tim Weidlich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:24 PM

In Logos 4 I could copy a verse from a Bible Translation and insert it into a Word document. I did that by clicking the + sign over the Info Panel on the right and it would give me a list of options to choose from, one of those would be Copy Verses. When I click on the + over the Info Panel in Logos 5 sometimes I get a list of Parallel Resources, other times I get another list of options that doesn't include a Copy Verse option (e.g. Bibliography Document, Clippings Document, Help, Notes Document....). The fact that I get different options each time I click the + option indicates a software glitch. How do I get the Copy Verse option in the Info Window. OR, does Logos 5 only do a highlight and copy to insert a verse into a Word Document? 

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:34 PM

Tim Weidlich:

In Logos 4 I could copy a verse from a Bible Translation and insert it into a Word document. I did that by clicking the + sign over the Info Panel on the right and it would give me a list of options to choose from, one of those would be Copy Verses. When I click on the + over the Info Panel in Logos 5 sometimes I get a list of Parallel Resources, other times I get another list of options that doesn't include a Copy Verse option (e.g. Bibliography Document, Clippings Document, Help, Notes Document....). The fact that I get different options each time I click the + option indicates a software glitch. How do I get the Copy Verse option in the Info Window. OR, does Logos 5 only do a highlight and copy to insert a verse into a Word Document? 

Now I see what you're saying. The copy bible verses was never in the information window. When you click the + sing you are creating a new pane and various tools would appear as suggested options to fill that pane. From what you're saying the copy bible verses tool (seperate from the information tool) was listed as an option. I see that in L5 it is not listed as an option.

You have several ways to open the CBV tool:

• You can click the tools menu and select copy bible verses
  • You can create a shortcut to the CBV tool on you L5 ribbon
  • You can typ copy in the command bar and the option to open CBV will be in the drop down
  • You can create a layout that includes the CBV tool
Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 1:59 PM

Fredc:
You can create a layout that includes the CBV tool

If you keep Info in a pane then also keep CBV in the same pane as it saves clicking/selecting the  + tab for it!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9
Tim Weidlich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 2:29 PM

I found the options referred to above, very helpful. However, I don't know how to create a layout that includes the CBV tool.

Posts 9
Tim Weidlich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 2:30 PM

Very helpful. Thanks. How do I create a shortcut to the CBV tool on the L5 ribbon? (Tech talk to me)

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 2:42 PM

Tim Weidlich:

I found the options referred to above, very helpful. However, I don't know how to create a layout that includes the CBV tool.

Open CBV from the Tools menu. If it doesn't open where you want it, then drag the tab to a location next to the Info tool. Then save the layout in the Layouts menu. Logos will automatically save the layout when you exit and reload the layout the next time you start, but saving it yourself means you can load the layout anytime you want to.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26029
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 2:46 PM

Tim Weidlich:
How do I create a shortcut to the CBV tool on the L5 ribbon?

Go to the Tools menu and drag CBV to the shortcut bar at the top of the Logos window (next to the Command box).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 8:48 PM

Tim Weidlich:

Very helpful. Thanks. How do I create a shortcut to the CBV tool on the L5 ribbon? (Tech talk to me)

Peace to you, Tim!                        This is not "tech talk" since I'm just an old retired Pastor!

I use copy Bible verses all the time and find the absolutely easiest way for Logos 4 and Logos 5 is to hold down Ctrl and Alt and touch the letter B.

That shortcut gives me precisely what I want .... my copy verses format.  Try it sometime.  You'll use it often .................                         ............. although I think the other responders to your posts had some great ideas.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9
Tim Weidlich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:24 PM

Ahh...figured it out. Actually its Alt Command B on Mac. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS