L5 Upgrade custom pricing quirk?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 82
David L Adams | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:01 PM

I had L4 Platinum (with a bunch of additional individual book purchases), and I have been pondering what to do to upgrade to L5 since it was released. I finally decided for financial reasons to do the minimal crossgrade now, and to upgrade from there to L5 Platinum at a more financially advantageous time. So I purchased the minimum crossgrade, and am very happy with it.

I suppose that I was expecting that when I came to upgrade to L5 Platinum that my cost to do so would be lower since I had already purchased the L5 datasets etc. with the minimum crossgrade. However, today I happened to notice that the price to upgrade from what I now have (L4 Platinum + L5 minimum crossgrade) to L5 Platinum is actually higher by about $140 than it was when I just had L4 Platinum.

So I guess I am wondering whether this is correct or whether the custom upgrade pricing tool has a bug in it? It does not seem logical to me, but perhaps I do not quite understand how these things work.

Any guidance or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DLA

Posts 23588
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:55 PM

Hi David

David Adams:
So I guess I am wondering whether this is correct or whether the custom upgrade pricing tool has a bug in it? It does not seem logical to me, but perhaps I do not quite understand how these things work.

Currently one gets better discounts when going from L4 to L5 than when upgrading from L5 to a higher L5 package.

Installing MC causes the Logos calculator to deem you are then a L5 user, hence the upgrade price for going to a higher package increases.

See http://community.logos.com/forums/t/60816.aspx for a discussion of this.

I believe Logos are working to change this (but can't find the thread where this is stated)

The link posted above suggests some options as to how to work round this for now.

Graham 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS