L5 Crash on Mac

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 121
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:52 AM

Random crash. Just clicked on a word and tried scrolling in my bible text. L5 had been running fine until now, for some days without a crash. Logs attached. 

0435.Logging.zip

Mark Nigro

Pastor/Teacher/Student/Writer

www.uthinkology.wordpress.com

www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Posts 121
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 10:59 AM

Just had it crash on me again right after booting. Tried closing some tabs after opening a layout. This time, no OSX warning pop up. L5 just disappeared. Tried attach logs here but it wont let me upload. Will try again. 

Mark Nigro

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:15 PM

Mark - Your logs were full of errors & warnings and are beyond my abilities to read. It looks like there might be a corrupt database, but I am not sure which one. Have you tried opening to a blank layout? Press and hold the command key immediately upon start up. Check appropriate box. Don't load any layouts… just build a simple new one and see what happens.

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 121
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:21 PM

Thank you for the feedback, Alabama. Since I posted, L5 has updated again, both in version release and in database sets. It's up and running now. I'll include those latest logs anyway, if it let's me upload. Once I select the file it no longer gives an option to "upload"

Mark Nigro

Posts 121
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:22 PM

Ok, got it.

0412.Logging.zip

Mark Nigro

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:40 PM

Mark - your new logs suggest "Too many open files." I know that some other users have seen similar warnings recently, but I have not heard what the cause is. I will search the forums a little and see if I can find something… If not, hopefully a techie will come by sooner rather than later. Smile

Mark Nigro:
I'll include those latest logs anyway, if it let's me upload. Once I select the file it no longer gives an option to "upload"

You may need to use another browser if safari gives you problems… 

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:45 PM

It looks like there is an open case for this issue:

Tonya J Ross:

There is an open case for the 'Too many files open' crash.  I will add a link to this thread to the case.

Did you try the blank layout? You might want to read THIS THREAD and see if there are any solutions for you.

Posts 1153
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:50 PM

I crashed L5 again... here are the logs that hopefully have the correct information. I think that this is also too many files, however, I don't think I had too many open, but when I close the previous windows I do not think they are closing properly in the program. The error occurs after some extended use, but the shut down, without warning or the option to restart the program, is sudden and not really predictable...4174.LogosLogs John 20121201-134651.gz

Posts 121
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:55 PM

I haven't yet tried it because Logos is up and running smoothly for the moment. I'll see how things go in the morning. If I run into trouble, I will use that great tip of yours for starting up blank. Thank you!

Mark Nigro

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 1:05 PM

John - we are still missing your logos.log file. Have you enabled logging? You can do so for one session by pressing and holding down the command key immediately upon start up. 

Posts 15913
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:01 PM

John Fidel:
I crashed L5 again... here are the logs that hopefully have the correct information. I think that this is also too many files, however, I don't think I had too many open, but when I close the previous windows I do not think they are closing properly in the program. The error occurs after some extended use, but the shut down, without warning or the option to restart the program, is sudden and not really predictable..

John,

It is "too many open files"; which is currently under investigation by Logos. But I do like your hypothesis.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 1767
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 11:40 PM

John Fidel:
The error occurs after some extended use, but the shut down, without warning or the option to restart the program, is sudden and not really predictable.

Agreed. The crashes I see tend to happen after five or six hours of use. I have started my sessions with a complete booting up of OSX (rather than coming from a sleeping state) and I think this has helped. I am also using Logos in offline mode. I went for a week without a crash since I started doing this.

Logos for Mac - Wiki Page and FAQ

Posts 1153
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 2 2012 6:53 AM

Donovan,

See my post here for more details:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/61345/435251.aspx#435251

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS